The Six Nations

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads, this may be of interest to you. A friend of mine has two tickets in a corporate box for Ireland v England on 18th March. He paid £300 each, but he didn't realise when he bought them months ago t

I'lm going to watch Scotland v Ireland on Saturday, a Christmas present from the kids. Travelling up Friday and having the weekend up there. Not bothered who wins I just love watching the game. One to

Great game of rugby that was, either team could've won it..... just glad the Welsh didn't lol

Posted Images

Being a life long supporter of Wales I hope they pull something out of the bag this year. But saying that, and I'm choking saying this; but England look the team to beat, now I'll go and wash my mouth out with soapy water.

Looking at the team selected today, we have no chance. Another belt and bracer's job by Howler There are three Scarlet's players in there that cannot get in to the scarlet's team, yet alone Wales. He is picking on reputation and not going with the form players. Foxy, Sanjay and Cawdor have all been dropped lately from the Scarlets because of their lack of form. Yet walk in to the Welsh team? J Roberts on the bench and Ashley Beck the in form centre in Wales at the moment cannot even get in the squad?

Yet another 6 nations of Warren ball. :bad:

TC

wales are rebuilding and look vulnerable,

italy are slowly improving and will run some teams close but i dont expect any great heroics although on a good day they could trouble scotland france or even wales

scotland are improving but still short of quality in depth, they might throw a surprise or two though;

france looked a little better n the autumn but they are stil a disgrace, when you consider their teams of 15-20 years ago;

ireland are a decent oufit now and did great in the autumn;

england ooze class but have injury issues plus i think still lack experience in important positions, if they had been able to select with consistency over the past 12 months they would be even stronger than they are now.

i expect ireland vs england to be the decider of the championship, england to win a close hard game

• Like 1

Being a life long supporter of Wales I hope they pull something out of the bag this year. But saying that, and I'm choking saying this; but England look the team to beat, now I'll go and wash my mouth out with soapy water.

Looking at the team selected today, we have no chance. Another belt and bracer's job by Howler There are three Scarlet's players in there that cannot get in to the scarlet's team, yet alone Wales. He is picking on reputation and not going with the form players. Foxy, Sanjay and Cawdor have all been dropped lately from the Scarlets because of their lack of form. Yet walk in to the Welsh team? J Roberts on the bench and Ashley Beck the in form centre in Wales at the moment cannot even get in the squad?

Yet another 6 nations of Warren ball. :bad:

TC

havent seen the wales team yet i shall look now

italy are slowly improving and will run some teams close but i dont expect any great heroics although on a good day they could trouble scotland france or even wales

scotland are improving but still short of quality in depth, they might throw a surprise or two though;

france looked a little better n the autumn but they are stil a disgrace, when you consider their teams of 15-20 years ago;

england ooze class but have injury issues plus i think still lack experience in important positions, if they had been able to select with consistency over the past 12 months they would be even stronger than they are now.

i expect ireland vs england to be the decider of the championship, england to win a close hard game

How the feck can you rebuild a squad without new blood? There are Welsh players setting standards that far exceed anything that the selected players can offer at the moment. What was the point in including 7 new players to the squad if you are not going to give them a chance. I know if I had just spent the last two weeks giving my all, only for someone I am keeping out of my club team to get selected in front of me, I would be pretty pi$$ed off.

TC

How the feck can you rebuild a squad without new blood? There are Welsh players setting standards that far exceed anything that the selected players can offer at the moment. What was the point in including 7 new players to the squad if you are not going to give them a chance. I know if I had just spent the last two weeks giving my all, only for someone I am keeping out of my club team to get selected in front of me, I would be pretty pi$$ed off.

TC

you are right, of course. perhaps i should have said wales are SUPPOSED TO BE rebuilding! i'm not sure i have ever really been convinced about howleys credentials, he has a lot to prove in this championship if he wants the job full time in future, and i dont mean just winning games but about a bit of creativity and dynamism

• Like 1

Just out of interest, I was speaking to Rob Evans' old man in his chippy on Thursday night, he said his lad was pissed off to be starting on the bench. Great fish and chips by the way! :D

Just out of interest, I was speaking to Rob Evans' old man in his chippy on Thursday night, he said his lad was pissed off to be starting on the bench. Great fish and chips by the way! :D

Namedropper. :laugh:

Good luck to all the Home Nations. :thumbs:

Namedropper. :laugh:

Good luck to all the Home Nations. :thumbs:

:laugh:

Alix Popham's auntie runs a trout fishery just up the same road as the chippy and all, I collected her for a hire car a few years back! :laugh: