The Six Nations

Yep it's that time of year again. What are your predictions for this years championship? It is hard to see past England the way they have been playing, but Ireland have really done themselves proud and are playing with an intensity that can be hard to live with. Scotland are also improving and I think we will see a step up from the Autumn form. Italy with new coach Conor O'Shea also beat the Boks last autumn. The French what can be said despite not turning up for the last few years seemed to get it together in the Autumn so they could be the usual unpredictable selves leaving us guessing what team is going to turn up?

Last but not least we have Wales, they had the best Autumn series results for years, but they all felt like losses. While they claim to be in transition with the type of game they want to play, do the coaches really know what style they actually want to play? They say they want an expansive style of play then pick up the middle / crash ball type of players.

This years six nations is crucial as it this years ranking points that gives the teams their seedings for the world cup draw. So all teams will have to do well to avoid pools of death, as there was with the last world cup.

TC

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads, this may be of interest to you. A friend of mine has two tickets in a corporate box for Ireland v England on 18th March. He paid £300 each, but he didn't realise when he bought them months ago t

I'lm going to watch Scotland v Ireland on Saturday, a Christmas present from the kids. Travelling up Friday and having the weekend up there. Not bothered who wins I just love watching the game. One to

Great game of rugby that was, either team could've won it..... just glad the Welsh didn't lol

Posted Images

I'lm going to watch Scotland v Ireland on Saturday, a Christmas present from the kids. Travelling up Friday and having the weekend up there. Not bothered who wins I just love watching the game. One to tick off the bucket list, watching a six nations game live

• Like 7

I'lm going to watch Scotland v Ireland on Saturday, a Christmas present from the kids. Travelling up Friday and having the weekend up there. Not bothered who wins I just love watching the game. One to tick off the bucket list, watching a six nations game live

It should be a cracker of a game. :thumbs: Enjoy.

TC

Think England for grand slam hope I am wrong and Ireland sneak it...

18th march could well be a grand slam decider in the Aviva Stadium, but before that there is a lot of rugby to be played, lets hope it's a memorable tournament.

TC

Yep it's that time of year again. What are your predictions for this years championship? It is hard to see past England the way they have been playing, but Ireland have really done themselves proud and are playing with an intensity that can be hard to live with. Scotland are also improving and I think we will see a step up from the Autumn form. Italy with new coach Conor O'Shea also beat the Boks last autumn. The French what can be said despite not turning up for the last few years seemed to get it together in the Autumn so they could be the usual unpredictable selves leaving us guessing what team is going to turn up?

Last but not least we have Wales, they had the best Autumn series results for years, but they all felt like losses. While they claim to be in transition with the type of game they want to play, do the coaches really know what style they actually want to play? They say they want an expansive style of play then pick up the middle / crash ball type of players.

This years six nations is crucial as it this years ranking points that gives the teams their seedings for the world cup draw. So all teams will have to do well to avoid pools of death, as there was with the last world cup.

TC

how come you got a new captain what with = Sam Warburton , think ireland will be the only team to test england this year .!

The 6 nations is a different animal compared to any other test rugby imo, the rivalries create a different type of pressure and you have bonus points this year so may open games up a bit more.

On paper you can't see past England or Ireland but both do have to come to Wales and England have to go to Dublin so I can't see a Grand Slam this year tbh.

I'm hoping Wales get it together and win it but I think it'll be Ireland just pipping England. France will be hot and cold and Scotland are playing some good rugby, Italy have improved a lot too. It's got the makings of a good un.

• Like 1

I can't wait for it to start, when the adverts come on the box the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, personally i think it is the greatest competition in the world, the rivalry and passion is unbelievable, it makes a laughing stock of soccer [ a game for wimps, cheats , moaners and greedy A holes]

In my humble opinion this England side is as good as the side that won the world cup, trouble is it is nearly the same one that threw away the last one, funny how one man can make a difference

Brian.

• Like 3

Hard to look past England on paper. I think Ireland could struggle Saturday but if they can come out with a win they'll be hard stopped. I think there's going to be some of them looking forward to getting Hartley into the Aviva paddy's weekend

Edited by jack44