A Prezzie From Next Door

So....as some of you know, due to various pressure with work and home etc I sold the hw before Christmas and my brother in law has the tx so I have been weapon less for TOO LONG and in conversations with my neighbour he has obviously picked up on that as well haha...

He's a decent neighbour and into his air rifles in a small way but unfortunately he is moving house so lots of things have been sold etc so as I've helped him out a bit over the last couple of years, as a thank you he gave me his air rifle last week.

Now I know what's coming when I tell you what she is and under normal circumstances I would be inclined to agree....but.....it is 6 months old and only fired a couple of tins of pellets as he said he couldn't hit a barn door with her.

Drum roll please......it's a hatsan p900x breaker in .22 with an edgar bros 3-9×40 scope.

Now he had rubbed the stock down and tung oiled it and to be fair he's made a fair job but that's the last job on the list.

As soon as I got it I stripped it down to find it BONE DRY inside so everything was cleaned and all moving parts polished including the sears.

I had a spare top hat from a kit so turned it down to fit the spring and cylinder and with the correct amount of lube applied to all the necessary parts I reassembled it and began bedding everything in.

After 600 or so pellets it's averaging 556 fps with AA fields with a spread of 13fps giving it 10.9ftlb.

The cocking action is very smooth, the safety is nice and smooth, the rather ugly silencer is growing on me and actually works quite well and it now has quite a nice smooth firing cycle. No twang but still a jumpy thud of recoil. That said, it's grouping 10 shots under a 50p at 32 yards with artillery hold so I'm rather pleased with how it's turned out.

The only bad point I can think of is the trigger.....it's f#@&*ng horrible!!! It travels a long way with only a tiny amount of adjustment to it, but, when you are used to when it's going to fire it's like anything else, you get used to it.

While zeroing it in this afternoon a maggie, who oddly didn't seem to bothered about the kitchen window being open decided to land in the trees at the bottom of the garden, so with a whisker of holdover down he came. All in all very pleased to be back on it again.

ATB Matt.

PS....I know the bench needs some attention!

post-94518-0-77976400-1485787687_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Into his air rifles in a small way :D

Cheers, D

Yes when I re read that it sounded sarcastic but what I meant was he was trying to get into it but time was an issue for him or he may have invested a bit more money initially??

How nice of your neighbour and well done to you for being a good bloke otherwise he would not have given it to you in the first place. Enjoy your gift.

Phil

Thanks Phil.

It's a funny one. The more I use it the better feels and I'm sure you can buy one brand new for an average of about £85 I really am struggling to comprehend how accurate it is.

Ok, I've had a bit of practice with springers in the past but I have shot worse with springers costing 3 times the amount, plus I have enjoyed fettling it too!

Into his air rifles in a small way :D

Cheers, D

Yes when I re read that it sounded sarcastic but what I meant was he was trying to get into it but time was an issue for him or he may have invested a bit more money initially

No probs, Im into air rifles in a small way, i get it out, fcuk about with the scope and try and pop a few maggies in the garden every spring, that guy sounds serious :D

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

.22 and low on recoil too! It had a similar amount of recoil to a tuned 77 I had at the same time, so yours kicking a bit is a bit of a surprise....

Yes. It is calming down a little bit.

It has a thud to it but not enough to chuck the shot off target as it seems very well balanced.