• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taken about mid November .

Before i begin this ,the bitch Blade has been pts .RIP old girl ,what good times we had . Turn of events . Phoned the vet on another matter and receptionist tells me they've had more definitive blo

Cheers lads and like said ,time to commit fully to the young un here .She was ,in her day one of the most laid back terriers ive ever had .In latter years however she used to wind me up whining at a d

The vet I use knows what the dogs here do, last time I went to him for the vaccine bottles for pups he said to give all the dogs the 7 in one every year now the once off isn't upto scratch anymore on some strains of the virus. I guess nature is coming up with stronger strains of disease/viruses to override human intervention, rats building up immunities to some poisons, worms becoming immune to some workers, it's evolution evolving to its environment I guess...... But know absolutely nothing about it, lol.

• Like 1

How's the bitch this morning ?

Another very real factor now a days is that the market is being flooded by crap from China etc.

A while back a greyhound trainer told me that recently a lot of inoculated dogs had come down with parvo etc.

I know if you're dealing with vets that this shouldn't happen but beware anyway.

How's the bitch this morning ?

Another very real factor now a days is that the market is being flooded by crap from China etc.

A while back a greyhound trainer told me that recently a lot of inoculated dogs had come down with parvo etc.

I know if you're dealing with vets that this shouldn't happen but beware anyway.

Thanks for asking Neil ,she is a bit better tbh ,ate a little bit and took a bone back into her kennel offered this morning.Back at the vets this evening for another fleesing session, I mean checkup .Shes 13 years old ,fit and a fighter so figures crossed .She is also the last line to an old stud of mine but has the blindness gene
  • Like 3

Vets told me to get myself checked out ffs as results are back and its a nasty strain of the disease .Could do without this at the moment tbh.

I would of thought you would be showing signs of jaundice,run down feeling shit,etc,lumps under your arms,sounds like your vet is in overkill mode and looking to justify the bill for drips and antibiotics,overnight stays, I was sent by my doctor in the 80,s after falling ill the day after a ratting trip on a particularly bad tip,the hospital never had a clue how to test me and had to look it up in a large medical book,good luck with everything,WM
  • Like 2

You'd probably know by now FD as you'd feel like a flu was coming on. I know one hunting man who died from it but someone said they'd seen him handling cattle feed and making sandwiches then without washing his hands.

I too, think your vets being a bit over dramatic, BUT, if you do die don't come on here blaming me.

Hope the bitch pulls through. She's a brave age and that's not how our veterans are supposed to go.

• Like 2

Thanks all .Just back from walking the other two as maybe not good idea to walk her in public as she's pissing bright yellow and must be infectious .Heard the old bitch howling from home all the way round the walk .Shes eating better but her stomach is hard as a rock and bloated with inflamed liver,yellow eyes .Got a bit of condition back on her now .On tablets for 4 weeks then 2 weeks of another sort to clear it right up so she doesn't remain a carrier .Clavaseptim is the first batch for anyone wanting to home treat the condition in the future and if its available on line .Symptoms unmistakeable now I know but never seen disease before .

• Like 4

Fd. There's a girl I know well who hunts a reg pack of bassets an she was nursing a sick pup with lepto which did die in the end. Anyhow the vet told her the same about being cheaked out an she had caught it from the pup. This was about six months ago and she's not still [BANNED TEXT]. Hit her really bad