Ferrets And Dogs

Take it your no worried about them being in the burrow mouth might lead to more digging for you ?

I was curious about this as well. I aways had small terrier types so we got them to sit behind the entrance holes or to one side. Still they did bolt well.

Cheers Arry

Take it your no worried about them being in the burrow mouth might lead to more digging for you ?

The whippet will stand back and watch the holes, not far away as she catches a lot as they are bolting but far enough away for them to bolt, I had the young lurcher doing the same but I gave her a break from ferreting for a few months and just used her on the lamp so now she's back ferreting she is a bit too Keen at the min but will calm down soon. Even if the dogs are in the mouth of the holes I find I do a lot less digging than a man that use nets by just walking up to the set and putting the ferret in and standing back and leaving the rest to the dogs instead of walk about on top of the set putting nets down.

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 2