• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when we were kids our team

My patch best looking short russell on here but I'm biased lol

Try once more for pic of new pup

Posted Images

Seen a few go, not my type personally and I'd not keep one myself, they just don't cover the ground like a bigger terrier would

wasnt the original jack russell terrier , a parson leggy type , bred to be able to follow the horse/hounds , with its extra height . :yes: ive always preferred a parson type jack , if i was ever going to get one .!

• Like 2

Seen a few go, not my type personally and I'd not keep one myself, they just don't cover the ground like a bigger terrier would

wasnt the original jack russell terrier , a parson leggy type , bred to be able to follow the horse/hounds , with its extra height . :yes: ive always preferred a parson type jack , if i was ever going to get one .!

yeah it was .

yeah it was .
I like compact little dogs, I will try mine on blood scenting shortly, to replace the old teckle, she was a little to short and struggled a little on the heather, this lad is a lot faster, more of a team player, very inteligent I got him to go to ground when needed, and he is a lot sturdier built than the teckle,but having said that I think the teckle would have gone to ground willingly, if I had took her down that avenue, instead of blood work, I made the mistake of thinking she would have had a ful life, blood scenting, I was wrong, so I introduced her to other work secondary she didn't disgrace herself, on reflection I will do this lad the opposite way around, and add blood scent work as a extra string to his bow, I thought about a longer legged terrier, but when up in Scotland stalking I thought small and compact would be better , if the dogs sleeping in the car, and he came as a gift dog, up to now he's ticking all the right boxes, I had forgot what a Russell was like, as its 40 years since I had any real expeirienc elf them, the old man used to work border lakeland terriers, and swore by them, but this lad seem's to have a real good working relationship with the lurcher and lab, he is respectful and knows his place, so so far so good, Edited by 3175darren

Comes down to preference really don't it

Best dog ever had was short leg russell bitch deadly busher never pass a thing, if she got scent of fox she would always find den and if ye hadn't got a spade have to leave her,get her next day never gave up, had her out with plenty different terriers non came close, RIP TINY...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Had bit of bad luck with the pup lad took it to vets for second jab and they think its suffered trauma to the chest when it was younger ,so now they are hoping its ribs sort themselves out when it grows if not possibly an op when it's older? He seems to be eating and bombing around ok .

Be careful, if the dogs happy enough leave be, or get a second opinion, you didn't by accident tell him the dogs insured or owt did you, they are hardy little things, if it was bothering him you wouldn't be able to pick him up, they learn to cope with birth defects, and it never seems to bother them, so long as it's not a heart defect, or some internal organ, and it can't be that apparent or you would have noticed it yourself,

Had bit of bad luck with the pup lad took it to vets for second jab and they think its suffered trauma to the chest when it was younger ,so now they are hoping its ribs sort themselves out when it grows if not possibly an op when it's older? He seems to be eating and bombing around ok .

Be careful, if the dogs happy enough leave be, or get a second opinion, you didn't by accident tell him the dogs insured or owt did you, they are hardy little things, if it was bothering him you wouldn't be able to pick him up, they learn to cope with birth defects, and it never seems to bother them, so long as it's not a heart defect, or some internal organ, and it can't be that apparent or you would have noticed it yourself,

I didn't go stepson and wife did, dogs not insured either.but yeah it seems happy , I've never heard it yelp in pain before and it plays rough with the labradoodle, the breeder said it was most active out the litter.

• Like 1