Like Fishing A Trout Lake

Been thinking for a while if fishing a gravel pitt for pike it's a trout syndicate by day. I know of a few people that jump the fence at night and catch a few trout but I wanna have a go at the pike there could be a coupe me if big Ones in there have you any advice. Only fished for pike in canals before. Would you keep moving? What bait etc.

Might just be an idea to have a word with the syndicate before 'jumping the fence'. Even if they say no you can still 'jump the fence'. At a guess, if they have any clue, they'll let you on happily but would probably want you to remove the pike. A lot won't. I did a lot of diving in Stoney Cove, Leicestershire, and we came across huge pike and perch. Nobody fishes at all and the water is so big that these bugger so get to live a long life. I know that size is increased whilst viewing underwater but I kid you not they are BIG. Jok

Been thinking for a while if fishing a gravel pitt for pike it's a trout syndicate by day. I know of a few people that jump the fence at night and catch a few trout but I wanna have a go at the pike there could be a coupe me if big Ones in there have you any advice. Only fished for pike in canals before. Would you keep moving? What bait etc.

Gonna be a bit difficult in the dark. Early morning fishing will be coming soon and if the paying people go home early, then you're free to do as you please. It's not my idea of relaxing fishing, having to look over your shoulder, but I know plenty of people get off on it.

My chosen bait would be live bait Rainbow trout or dead if you can't get em. I would move about, as with most predator fishing, you've got to find your fish.

How do you know there's Pike in there?