Trip To Mr Hopton

For last three months been trying to fit a trip south to mhopton off here. Between car trouble work and Roxie's injury next on the agenda is she ready to go on the break. Wednesday came I rang mark and asked do you fancy this Sunday he said yeh no hesitations, I was working till 9 sat night then sett off 3 and abit hrs to my destination I thought gonae be a tired day/night on the old body. I had Roxie An my oldest ewan who's 12. We arrived at marks and went a wander, more rabbits wanted to lie on the roadside than the fields but we managed 10 An a shot hare. Back to marks for the ferrets I thought sneak in An out but marks wife Mandy was waitin with a cuppa and breakfast, ewan got offered everything but the kitchen sink?. It soon became clear marks the dog walker and the main person the dogs and ferrets belong to is Mandy and 10 minutes later she had the ferrets in the garden for there morning play whilst she was doing there breakfast. We headed back out and tried a big sett in trees and a barb fence, Roxie is alittle too full on for this environment so she was leaded mark had blade and Molly an I had a 12yr old ninja, put some nets down hoping for the odd back net etc we bolted 20 catching 14, we then went out on the hill where rox could stretch her legs finishing on a combined total off 28. what I will say off mark and his dogs right down to his ferrets to me is whether he caught everything or nothing he'd be just as happy as u can see they're bond and the time outs they take just to sit together real companions. Cheers mark for having us down and 36 hrs no sleep defo kicked my ass, hope to see you next season alittle earlier ??

• Like 12

Yeh mate was grand the wee fella made it all the way home a shower An straight to bed. And the bleeding started this morning epic timing eh lol. Look forward to an early visit next year before you wipe them out ??, glad the misses likes her new pal An u find some use for the box

Yeh mate was good fun ewan has a ball anywhere he is allowed to take part he throws the nets etc no worries rolls them in his own little way An a think yest he killed more bunnies than me an mark. He's defo gonae help me see an extra year or two in the fields if he keeps playing his part

• Like 1