checked your page. nice work. now what would consider a good type for general use.for a left handed old fogey
if your not an experienced shooter forget plywood catty,s, they will fall to bits after 2/3 fork hits, they may look the bollacks but don't last, sorry to nick if that's his business but in my experience, ply catty,s are great for those making them but not for people buying, a proshot bloodshot is £25 made from solid ally and will last a lifetime, fires flats or tubes,left or right handed and in any grip you like and in my opinion is the best starter catty out there, i feel a bit bad for saying it as I know there are a lot of people making money from it, but it's not fair taking money from people just because they are a bit naive, I think it also puts people off a sport when there new pride and joy ends up in the bin after a couple of shots, were as a well made catty can last a lifetime and even end up spanning a generation, just look at how many original milbro,s there are still out there, even a decent hazel fork will take a good beating and last years that's why they make walking sticks from it, so do tread carefully

any suggestions as to what and where to get one greyman.
just type proshot catapults into google mate, and have a look, I have know financial interest in it eitherway, it's your choice, just offering an honest opinion, sorry to those I seem to have upset

checked your page. nice work. now what would consider a good type for general use.for a left handed old fogey
if your not an experienced shooter forget plywood catty,s, they will fall to bits after 2/3 fork hits, they may look the bollacks but don't last, sorry to nick if that's his business but in my experience, ply catty,s are great for those making them but not for people buying, a proshot bloodshot is £25 made from solid ally and will last a lifetime, fires flats or tubes,left or right handed and in any grip you like and in my opinion is the best starter catty out there, i feel a bit bad for saying it as I know there are a lot of people making money from it, but it's not fair taking money from people just because they are a bit naive, I think it also puts people off a sport when there new pride and joy ends up in the bin after a couple of shots, were as a well made catty can last a lifetime and even end up spanning a generation, just look at how many original milbro,s there are still out there, even a decent hazel fork will take a good beating and last years that's why they make walking sticks from it, so do tread carefully
just type proshot catapults into google mate, and have a look, I have know financial interest in it eitherway, it's your choice, just offering an honest opinion, sorry to those I seem to have upset

You obviously Know F . ALL about catapults .

I can vouch for nick here, my missus had two or three fork hits aswell as fork hits with 12mm leads and on nicks catties it only left a little dump. Hasn't effected it I've still been knocking pjeasants with it. @nick its dwcatapults mate. Not taking sides or anything just saying.

• Like 1

Hmmm. I've heard a lot of bad things about bloodshot. Particularly about the man behind them. Greyman you seem very pushy about the bloodshot catties.

Hazel forks from my experience are weak in the joint, I wouldn't recommend them. Ash is fantastic on the other hand.

I've had no problem with birch ply. By nature the laminations are strong.

In my experience, I bought a pro shot after being recommended one on here. Decent catty no doubt. Then my missus bought one off hegarty and she's always moaning because I have basically took it off her. Much lighter and I wish id bought one instead first time round for the money. It's a TTF with aiming dump and ot helped me alot with shooting. That's just my experience.

• Like 1

i tried not to start throwing personal insults around, I,ve not slagged any of your work and hear all good things about you, but you only have to go back a few pages on here to find a newbie to catty,s with his pride and joy plywood catty shattered in less than a week, I don't make and sell catty,s for a living were as you do, which is why you will push your product, I still think a cast ally catty at £25.00 is much more value than 20p worth of ply sanded to shape, for £20 but hey it's personal choice, regarding my knowledge of catty,s I made my first one in around 1976, and have never not owned one since,I even learnt to put a bit of camo tape on my ally target sniper so it's not slippery when wet, the only reason I recommend the proshot bloodshot is because it takes all types of bands, all types of holds and is ambidextrous, when people know what they want it's much easier to by a specific style of catty, simple
  • Like 1

i tried not to start throwing personal insults around, I,ve not slagged any of your work and hear all good things about you, but you only have to go back a few pages on here to find a newbie to catty,s with his pride and joy plywood catty shattered in less than a week, I don't make and sell catty,s for a living were as you do, which is why you will push your product, I still think a cast ally catty at £25.00 is much more value than 20p worth of ply sanded to shape, for £20 but hey it's personal choice, regarding my knowledge of catty,s I made my first one in around 1976, and have never not owned one since,I even learnt to put a bit of camo tape on my ally target sniper so it's not slippery when wet, the only reason I recommend the proshot bloodshot is because it takes all types of bands, all types of holds and is ambidextrous, when people know what they want it's much easier to by a specific style of catty, simple
You're not allowed an opinion on here...I thought everyone knew that...so many people get arsey on this forum if you have a different opinion to them...I don't own any ply catties let alone anything from Nick so I won't slate anyone's work but everyone's entitled to an opinion ffs...Greyman doesn't like ply catties, Oh well..sure life will carry on

Life will carry on indeed. Greyman has always been helpful on here and I know he has a wealth of experience too. Everything's marmite at the end of the day, which is good or the world would be a boring place. I have both the ply catties and the one grey recommended me and both are good. One is much lighter, but both are good. Keep catapulting blokes.

• Like 1

Hmmm. I've heard a lot of bad things about bloodshot. Particularly about the man behind them. Greyman you seem very pushy about the bloodshot catties.

Hazel forks from my experience are weak in the joint, I wouldn't recommend them. Ash is fantastic on the other hand.

it's proshot mate,the bloodshot is a model, not to be confused with the eBay seller of the same name, the time of year is massively important when your collecting forks and most other woods, January and February is when the wood has less moisture and toxins in it, as soon as the sap starts rising at the end of Feb the wood is likely to split, I,ve used hazel all my life and never had one split, I also cut a load of hazel sticks to dry out for the stick makers as they take around three years to season and most of them can't be assed so I have a rotation system for drying so I have a load to sell every year, hazel is everywhere because it was used for making pins for thatched roofs,fencing, walking sticks and lots more, you split the woodland into sections and harvested the hazel sticks every four years, there the history of hazel

Pete at proshot is a top bloke to deal with and his catties are top notch. I've owned six or seven from them at one stage or another