Ferret Finders Second Hand Price

Been following a few mk3m finders on ebay, and I cant fathom out why they are so expensive second hand in relation to new price? You can buy a new one with collar for £165, so why are people spending £130 on a second hand one? Must be mad

They hold their price because it's a small market to begin with so the second hand ones, while not rare, will likely have a couple of interested parties if its for sale on ebay or similar.

I do t really begrudge the 160 quid on a u it and collar new, but for replacement collars to be around the 70 to 80 quid mark is just ridiculous.

For that price they should come with a year's rent for someone to carry all your nets and bunnies each weekend.

• Like 2

They are only making silly money second hand because people are willing to pay it!

But when there is only one product on the market it will naturally hold its price better because when there is no competition or other option to go for a 30 quid saving is a 30 quid saving and most people buying a finder would probably like 30 quid worth of nets to go with it!

Edited by Jax13

Well a second hand one with two collars sold for £190 tonight, plus nearly a tenner postage. You can buy new for £50 more, with a warranty and never been used, I think it's a no brainer. I would never spend 80% of a new one for something second hand.

• Like 1

well ebay thats your choice, myself Im still with the mk1's sold some on here when I was cutting back a mk1 box and 2 collars were going for £135+p+p. when you only had the mk1's to choose from debens were selling a box and collar for £46, a lot less(3X) than people were willing to pay for them on ebay. so getting them for 80% of new price seems a bargain to me

Y.I.S Leeview

Edited by Leeview

I bet you there are still more MK 1 's being used at moment. As stated, it's a small market place so prices probably will hold. Speaking of which !! Mk1 8ft with 2 collars , 20 X 3'6" nylon (10 z) nets , 1 new Bowback box, 3 compartment and a Gill or 2 to go with it all. Now that's a complete set up. PM me if interested. I've already offered free delivery because a mate of mine is working near where the guy lives but he hasn't contacted me. Jok.

keep an eye on gumtree as well, you can get some good deals on there, I bought my first one mark 3 with 2 collars £110 on ebay 6-8 years ago, and was looking for a spare collar got another mark 3 finder and collar £60 posted to me on gumtree. My best deal was a mark 3 with 2 collars and two mark 1's with 3 collars £40 the lot from a chap who was selling up at a country show I attended.