What Defines A True Terrier Man

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honesty ! first and foremost ,   Without it your just a man with a dog.

A man who works, feeds, breeds and owns Terriers for the sheer love of them..   A man who puts his Terriers well being over the greed of money. He won't just sale to the highest bidder without conc

IMO you nailed it Rob when you said the ability to bring out the best in your dog. There's lads go through life having owned plenty of good terriers but the same lads got rid of plenty that would hav

A man who works, feeds, breeds and owns Terriers for the sheer love of them..

A man who puts his Terriers well being over the greed of money. He won't just sale to the highest bidder without concern for what's best for the dog.

A man who does his part to ensure the sport of digging stays alive.. he is helpful and informative of the true history of the sport.

A man who is honest with himself and others and has much pride and love for the Terriers and the sport of digging..

Stern yet fair in his observations of working ability, and handy with a spade.

Edited by lonespade
  • Like 16

Honesty not as common as you would like to think .I bet there ain't many who havnt come across an arsehole in the game yet still they carry on peddling bullshit .Might seem a bit down but there it .Both Lonespade and Tree hands summed up the game early on ,the best points anyway .

• Like 3

Money is the ruination of the dog game.still there is a lot of genuine guys out there.1 story sticks out with me.we paid 275 quid for a lakeland bitch .fetched it up proper.never switched on at all.load of shite.when I phoned the breeder and told him.he wanted to buy it bk for breeding .no f***ing chance.it was pts .then a mate gave us a terrier pup .free .wouldn't take a bean.had 7 good seasons with her.

• Like 4

I've heard of some of the best terrier men with the best yards of dogs and strains of dogs that've not been honest . They've told lies or done snide tricks to honest men and yet they've still been good terrier men with good dogs.

Honesty to yourself about your yard is a must it's no good lying to yourself lol.

For me one of the many requirements of a good terrier man is having the eye for a dog or stockmanship !!

couple that with honesty to yourself and then your on the way.

• Like 4

I thought it was,,,

putting a dog over a bitch and calling it "your own line"

breeding a few litters every year " to keep the line going "

being able to organize your own terrier show.

I think you've pretty much made it in the terrier world when you've accomplished that ???

• Like 6