Best Cages

Best bet is gumtree or local free ads.

Find a half decent rabbit hutch going cheap / free a d then spend a few quid ferret proofing it.

what do you mean by ferret proofing

because there masters at escape.. :ninja:

Anything you buy at pets at home etc are to flimsy you need a good solid hutch at least 2x2x6 for a pair of ferrets no chicken wire made with good inch weldmesh or there going to bite there way out , check into history theres at least a couple of posts with picts of huts on here mate

Find a half decent rabbit hutch going cheap / free a d then spend a few quid ferret proofing it.

Electrified cage wire, barbed wire perimeter fence, moat, sentry towers...

Mine, luckily have never made an attempt at self liberation but some would make houdini blush.

• Like 1

Electrified cage wire, barbed wire perimeter fence, moat, sentry towers...

Mine, luckily have never made an attempt at self liberation but some would make houdini blush.

:yes:

Yep as mentioned really as much space as you can give, and be wary of the pets at home style hutches, they look solid enough, but alas they stand the test of ferrets. I did get one as a temp measure whilst moving house till there new accomadation was built.

Ive kept and use it as a quarantine or spare hutch when looking after others ferrets also lent it to a friend for his jill. Ive had to replace the floors in both levels due to being shredded also a better back as well. Now its solid.

Also as mentioned weld mesh rather than chicken wire as ferrets will tear through it, I prefer 1/2x1/2 inch but 1 x 1 inch will do as well. ive had small jills and growing kits squeeze through 1 x 1 inch.

Some people if you got the space either convert a shed or just put a hutch inside a shed and the ferrets have the rest of the shed, helps with cleaning as you stay dry as well.

Must admit Ive gone the shed route and have a 16x6 shed split into two sections a 12x6 section with shelves etc for the ferrets and 4x6 section to keep the sawdust and straw and another hutch built in there as well if I need to seperate or have grumpy ones or boarders