Air Arms S510

Total of rabbits on 4 trips is now 1640,some were long netted over the ferret but most were taken with the S510 at night ,Ive had to switch to a red Led torch while taking the shot as they are a tad jumply in the white light now.How do you post up a picture ?

klick on the more reply options then import from where you store them, you may need to scale the size down though!

nice going too :thumbs:

atb si

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm new to PCPs ,in fact I've never owned a pellet gun untill about 3 months ago .In New Zealand air guns have a small following but due to a new pest control contact on a high public use Golf Course

_130638.jpg] Thanks guys ,great help .

760 in 3 nights, pull your finger out you slacker! Lol. Good shooting

Posted Images

The Aussie bush tailed possum or coon as its become known as, was brought & releasted in NZ for its fur value & skins a number years ago ,but with no natural enermys,the numbers build up and have caused huge problems ,eating their way though tons of our bush each nite.A good healthy possum can weight 4 kgs & can be a very tuff animal to kill with alot of meat on light bones ,head shots must be placed in the very right spot to kill one .Ive taken about 12 full grown of these with the air arms S510 and a number required a finishing shot.Very tuff animal indeed.

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Well the "honeymoon " is well and truely over this trip I took the low total of 30 rabbits ,most were ferreted & netted .I did get some under the lamp you the huge tallys are long gone on this golf course what is left are now light shy and we all know each other well at times Im caught short at other times I get a rabbit ive been targetting for a while ,it just depends on a lot of factors.

I did however take my AA 510s around to a friends place(lives out of town) to show him ,he took a couple of shots over a creek, into a sand bank ,then just as he remarked we should see a rabbit ...he did just that .He pointed it out and added that the bank he had been targeting was 55 meters and the rabbit was sitting by a tree on another bank about 15 meters further away from us and slightly down hill.He also stated he didn't think he knew the rifle well enough to take a shot at that range so passed me the beast .On viewing the rabbit in the scope I could see it was sitting quartering away from us so I place the cross hairs just behind the shoulder with no hold over .At the report ,the rabbit just roll sideways dead on the spot ,great shot yelled my mate ,"you must of gone for a head shot to kill it straight off at that range ' nope I replied" just behind the shoulder ".He sent his gun dog over & once she had arrived back with the rabbit we ripped the skin off to find the pellet had entered just behind the right hand shoulder ,breaking 3 ribs ,blew the lungs and heart apart and broke the off shoulder ,coming to rest just under the skin .We couldn't believe how much damage had been done from a round headed pellet of just 16 grains.He also remarked "bloody hell that's rifle shoots pin point".

Edited by toolebox
  • 4 months later...

Just a quick up date ,in general the rabbit population has blown out in alot of places now ,its higher than its ever been ,its nothing to see several hundred sitting out feeding in fields  come evening .On this golf course I'm still  able to take 30-50 rabbits on my monthly trips ,most are shot at night and I think the tally stands at well over 2,000 off 104 ha now.My shooting has steadily improved as I & the s510 have become like old friends.Sometimes I clean miss,but now not often .I did a nite shoot at a local  cemetery where between two air guns the tally was 312 rabbits in 6 hours  ,and still the rabbits keep coming ,there seems no end to them ,each day I get calls from people needing help but sadly Im working 7 days a week now & cant keep up without taking on any more work .........   

Edited by toolebox
  • 4 weeks later...