Air Arms S510

I'm new to PCPs ,in fact I've never owned a pellet gun untill about 3 months ago .In New Zealand air guns have a small following but due to a new pest control contact on a high public use Golf Course I decided, after watching hours after hours of air rifle videos to buy one .I looked at a number of models and brands & finally decided on a FAL air arms 510 pcp.in .22 cal . I topped it off with 3-14 x 40 hawk scope. Using air arms Diabolo field 16 grain pellets ,gives tight groups on targets and allows heads shots to be taken on rabbits at up to 60 yards .I also added a Q Tec moderator. On 3 night shoots I've shot a total of 760 rabbits with the S510 and found it to be a well made, tack driving rifle ,I like using it ,air rifles are a very safe option when used in semi built up areas at night .

• Like 4

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm new to PCPs ,in fact I've never owned a pellet gun untill about 3 months ago .In New Zealand air guns have a small following but due to a new pest control contact on a high public use Golf Course

_130638.jpg] Thanks guys ,great help .

760 in 3 nights, pull your finger out you slacker! Lol. Good shooting

Posted Images

Here's some back ground to the problem ,rabbits when they live in suitable ground in NZ, BREED a lot ,with no natural enemies (apart from man) . We don't have the population of hunters to control them.We hammer them with just about every possible tool you can think of ,yet they keep building up . While we don't have mexi RHD was brought in from Australia about 15 years ago and it blew down the rabbit population over night to such a level that it was very hard to find a rabbit however they have been building up ever since as they have build up resistance to the disease . Due to number of factors we now have the highest levels of rabbits since pre RHD days .They are living in gardens ,under sheds and houses ,can be plainly seen sitting in good numbers along highways in good numbers during the day with little to fear .What hasn't helped is the use of firearms and ownership has been tighten over the last ten years .I've just spoken to a Welshman who's now involved in rabbit control work after moving out to Nz 8 years ago ,who told me ,when he and his mate are out working on rabbits he turns often to his mate and says "pinch me ,this is bloody great and we are getting payee?.I can still remember when we lived back home ,we had to chase permission hard and shout pints to land owners just to get a couple of rabbits" .Yes its fair to say , we have ALOT of rabbits and this looks likes its set to continue .

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1

That is an absolute air rifle hunters nirvana - your Welsh friend is spot on :yes:

Enjoy it mate :good:

Do you guys eat them?

I do eat the odd rabbit myself ,but most people don't bother with them ,they can be taken & sold either for eating or pet food but the paper work required is a night mare to get and rabbits cant worth much anyway .It sounds crazy and wasteful but I only pick up enough for my ferrets and a small number to eat if somebody asks for a couple ,the rest are just left where they fall or thrown into a hole in the ground . I ferreted a 4 hole warren about as big as a dining table that had 32 rabbits of which most were adults ,another large truck sized rock gave me 34 ,I entered a pair of ferrets 7 weeks later for another 15 adult rabbits that had moved in since id removed the former residents,and so the cycle goes on ,we don't have seasons or limits nothing seems to slow them down for long .

• 2 months later...

Total of rabbits on 4 trips is now 1640,some were long netted over the ferret but most were taken with the S510 at night ,Ive had to switch to a red Led torch while taking the shot as they are a tad jumply in the white light now.How do you post up a picture ?

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1