Pheasant Prices At Melton Market

We have an odd system in this country. In the US hunters and fisherman regularly donate deer, fish etc to their food banks no issues at all. It'd be great if we could do the same in this country. For what money game fetches I can't be bothered selling it and would happily drop it in to such places. I suspect there's either legislation/regulations in the way or those on the receiving end would turn their noses up.

And the feral hogs get donated

My missus got given brace of pheasants Saturday and week before brace of partridge and rabbit.

I'm sure I watched some Doc' on Dept of Fish & Wildlife officers where when the officers confiscated illegally taken fish they just drove to the food shelter and dropped them off too. It's a good system. I thought a similar system here would put quality meat into the mouths of folks at the bottom of society and also further legitimise fieldsports.

Unfortunately I don't think many would know what to do with it or like the taste,they probably want it shrink wrapped and loaded with sweeteners and preservatives.
Dipped in batter deep fried with a sweet chilli dip, 2 litres of Rola Cola, and a carrot cake finger
  • Like 1

Utter joke. Should flood the food banks with this sort of foods.

Was watching that programme last night about local GPs. Woman goes to the doctors, 4 bairns running about in the surgery. Says to the doctor..."they are not allowed chocolate or crisps at school anymore, so what do you give them...a bit of bread and a carrot??"

Doctor should have slapped her and told her to f**k off. What chance do the bairns have if that's the attitude of the parents!!!

Just dressed 11 brace red legs which were left at mine last night and have been promised all the birds from the last 3 days, pheasant and partridge for nowt. Now is that a result or what? Pity Terry D doesn't live closer cause I'd fill his freezer no probs. On a downside, not much rabbiting going on at moment. Not been too good of late. Happy days. Jok.

• Like 1