Billy Rileys Catch Wrestling Gym In Wigan

Are you proper hard axum? Like chuck norris hard???

Im very laid back grappler. In sparring or in comp, im always calm. Next year my first mma fight.

Anyway this isnt bout me so please dont ruin this topic.

Edited by AXUM

Are you proper hard axum? Like chuck norris hard???

Im very laid back grappler. In sparring or in comp, im always calm. Next my first mma fight.

Im so laid back that during a fight i can often be found laying on sofa at home smoking a joint haha fighting is for queer guys an butch chicks, atleast all this pretend fighting is haha

bet your leotard is full of bombers

I see hes really into his nartial art. I myself am blue belt in bjj and just started wrestling .

Remember it was catch wrestling that beat the gracies in early ufc again and again and again ,

Ken shamrock was the only catch style fighter in the early ufcs , he lost to Gracie in the first ufc so your mistaken in that respect

Kazushi sakuraba beat several Gracie's in the pride days , he maybe the catch wrestler your referring to

I find it a little hard to believe your only a blue belt yet tap out higher grades regularly unless your a sandbagger or have swapped teams

What's your Bjj lineage ?

• Like 1

I see hes really into his nartial art. I myself am blue belt in bjj and just started wrestling .

Remember it was catch wrestling that beat the gracies in early ufc again and again and again ,

Ken shamrock was the only catch style fighter in the early ufcs , he lost to Gracie in the first ufc so your mistaken in that respect

Kazushi sakuraba beat several Gracie's in the pride days , he maybe the catch wrestler your referring to

I find it a little hard to believe your only a blue belt yet tap out higher grades regularly unless your a sandbagger or have swapped teams

What's your Bjj lineage ?

Who cares bout me.

Yeah i think pride is what i was reffering to

Who do you train bjj under @axum

When judo was taken and taught to the Gracie's in Brazil prior to that maeda had been fighting with catch wrestlers to earn his living

A lot of catch as catch can was sublimated into what became bjj

I like to keep that private.

I know history of maeda very well. Matter fact it was called kano jiujitsu not judo. Maeda fought as a jiu jitsu fighter https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Mitsuyo_Maeda_Fighting_Poster.jpg

Also although gracies popularized it they arent only ones who learned from maeda and so they arent the founders of bjj. Maeda didnt teach any cstch to gracie as far as i know , he taught what he learned from jigoro. You can see from his demonstration or from the gracies .

Also gracies didnt learn everthing maeda had to offr and when the teacher of rolls gracie went to japan and attended judo ge came back with alot more advaced stuff in newaza it was said helio didnt even have all side control pisitions judo had to offer. What i read. The man who taught rolls is now 9th dan and is the technical director of ibjjf name is osvaldo alves . Because of him people *gracie* so benefit of cross training in judo and later rolls inviting wrestling coach.

I believe jigoro kano didnt dedicate his life to judo but rather to academic teaching in university and writting books . Similarly i believe carlos spent maybe 3 years learning from maeda so say bkue belt level then atraight away started teaching the art years aftet he focused on business and making money outsude bjj but helio gave his life to bjj . Thats why i dont think carlos reached black belt and didnt learn who curriculum the proof is they needed to learn judo to gain what they missed.

I believe bjj should adopt judo curriculum . U know maeda showed all the throws to thw gracies back when it was i think only 20 or 34 cant remember but the gracies dont teach it as a curriculum.

Maedas judo was not strict judo but incorporated catch as well as anything else he learnt

Rolles was the great inovator who brought wrestlers and sambo into his bjj and smashed sambo comps with rickson

It was sambo that was the beginning of leg locks as bjj never really used leg locks they were seen as dirty tactic.now look at Dana hers death squad(Gary tonnon and the like)tearing it up with a leg lock system

As a blue belt I tapped out brown and black belts but they were purposely putting themselves in bad positions to work on defence and I knew that

Depends who you train bjj with we always train throws

Maedas judo was not strict judo but incorporated catch as well as anything else he learnt

Rolles was the great inovator who brought wrestlers and sambo into his bjj and smashed sambo comps with rickson

It was sambo that was the beginning of leg locks as bjj never really used leg locks they were seen as dirty tactic.now look at Dana hers death squad(Gary tonnon and the like)tearing it up with a leg lock system

As a blue belt I tapped out brown and black belts but they were purposely putting themselves in bad positions to work on defence and I knew that

Depends who you train bjj with we always train throws

Well lets not forget fadda lineage and the history of leg licks against helio students.

Do you know the 9th dan technical director of bjj gets invitation every now and then to the head quarter of judo in japan and gives newaza lessons to all the directors of judi. Hes the only one authorize to do that in bjj. Shows u how much respect for his technucalty the japanese judokas have for him.

Theres no way i catch black belts regularly or brown belts. But i do once a blue moon lol. And yes it could be they put themselves in bad position but also they are just humans and we shiuldnt pressure them to be at their optimum always. Last one i got a new black belt from closed guard he didnt respect the guard and broke his posture so i went high guard and sunk in a basic collar choke and i use the wrist very good to make choke efficient. Then come a big brutal white belt week after and taps me lol