Getting Of The Tar

Go to solution Solved by delswal,

Aye it was American chew he used, little cups and bottles full of nasty brown sludge all other his workshop :laugh: This snus sounds like a really convenient and safe way of getting your nicotine hit, got to be better than fags anyway, hope it keeps you off them :thumbs:

Yep that is a nasty disgusting habit lol

I'll try most things once but I was never tempted when he offered me a pinch out of his tin. Funny as feck seeing him take a swig out of his spit bottle when reaching for a drink though :laugh: :laugh:

:bad::bad::bad::bad:

I wouldn't try snus once though, it's pretty unpleasant for a good few days. They're very Salty at first, burn a bit and can have a strong tobacco flavour that is hard to get used to lol Like cigarettes eventually you will probably get to love the taste and smell because of the addiction but the first time you open a can and sniff it you will not want to put one in your mouth :laugh:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well done mate , 1st get your mind right, 2nd be strong for a good fight against it, 3rd dont weaken, and you will beat it . ive said on here alot of times what to do on these posts, i stopped 25 ye

Four days i havent smoked a fag, longest in fifteen years, the vaping is taken the edge off, sweet.

Anything is better than smoking. It's great for those that can totally quite nicotine but for those that struggle or can't ANYTHING is a better alternative whether it be patches, vapes etc   Don't f

Posted Images

Any of you guys tried the patches or the niquitin capsules ? Stopped for a few month on the vape pen but started smikjbg the odd cigarette or two. Bought a packet of cigs earlier for the missus and the packet was black with health warnings and not so nice images . Me and missus have both said were stopping now and I'm getting rid of the vape pen also . Just wondered if the patches worked or capsules were worth a go before a go cold turkey lol

If you don't drink much and aren't a hardcore smoker then patches might be ok but the problem is the government sell patches and gum as a method of cessation (quitting) i.e. you should cut down and eventually go cold turkey. Cold turkey is not much different regardless of what level you are on whether it be 21, 14 or 7 mg of nicotine, I always felt slightly withdrawn when doing it that way and it prolonged the agony.....might as well go full on cold turkey instead.

I've done cold turkey many times but always start again. The argument of my posts is that unless you are one of those people who has very good will power e-cigs or snus etc is a good alternative. Just like caffeine you will always be addicted but at least you are not destroying your lungs with smoking.

Never heard of nicotine capsules but be WARNED about champix.

Some people are fine on it, other people get severe nausea and some get very bad mental problems which range all the way up to suicide.

That's a hell of a gamble to take when you could use e-cigs and still be alive compared to topping yourself.

I've heard good and bad about those champex things, my headkeeper stopped with those with no problem but heard bad horror stories too . Niquitin tablets not capsules they come in a little tub

Never heard of the tablets, the problem with the prescription stuff is they're more expensive that smoking.

Regarding Champix, I took it for 3 months. I was severely ill for days but because of my retarded dentist giving me a cancer scare a year ago I was adamant I wanted to stop and carried on. I would get waves of nausea within minutes (even seconds) of taking the pill but I could handle that.

The worse thing was that they made me have absolutely no feelings for other people, I seriously could have watched someone get killed right in front of me and I would not have given one shit, they made me very aggressive and angry and I tried to hang on in there for a while longer to finish the course but in the end my own sanity was more important.

Pretty sure a weaker minded person (and I don't mean that disrespectfully) would never have survived my experiences, it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Since taking Champix I've talked to a lot of people who've had issues with champix ranging from the sickness to knowing people who've killed themselves....no way should the NHS dimwit doctors be doling this stuff out like smarties!

The big problem with NRT

I was never a big smoker in the morning because I'm asthmatic, the wife is opposite she would smoke first thing :bad: but I had to have my nicotine eventually so I would gently smoke a fag with a cup of tea and often with a ventolin chaser lol.

The problem I have with NRT (and even with snus to a degree) is the time it takes from delivery to the blood....here's a handy chart to short the difference. Putting a patch on in the morning for me was pointless it was too long a wait for the nicotine, a cigarette is the best but most poisonous delivery system but Snus and most likely E-cigs come a close second. Or you can wear a patch over night....if you like LSD then this is a fantastic option but the mental (and I mean MENTAL) dreams are exhausting after a while as you feel like you've not slept.

NicotineChart.jpg

I,m in to my 11week now and to be quite honest I have never been so ill since giving up Iv'e had a chest infection for 10 of the the 11 weeks and now its turned to pleurisy so I hope you do better than me good luck with it francie you should be allright you;ve got god on your side :angel:

Ffs mate, why all that?

Get well

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Whats champix daz?

Its a drug that blocks the neuroreceptors in the brain (the part of the brain that receives the drugs) so that you get no effect from the nicotine whatsoever.

It does work, you suddenly have zero desire to smoke even after drinking plenty of beer.

Sounds wonderful except for many people the side effects are really bad, the very minimum you will probably get really bad nausea after taking the pill.