Too a dog into the vets as i noticed bald spots around the eyes muzzle down the back legs etc vet scraped the dog said they couldnt see ay mite but treating the dog for fox mange as they called it . They give a course of antibiotics bottle of hibiscrub and a strong hold spot on . If this is mage how is this going to treat the dog what kind of healimg time do i expect ive never had a dog with it before ?

What I can see the way there treating the dog is, the antibiotic is in case the skin problem is through an infection, the scrub is to keep the area clean and the spot on is in case a biting parasite is causing the bald spots,

• Like 1

What I can see the way there treating the dog is, the antibiotic is in case the skin problem is through an infection, the scrub is to keep the area clean and the spot on is in case a biting parasite is causing the bald spots,

I agree with Kev, the vet is trying 3 different ways to fix the problem. I'd say after the wks course of antibiotics is finished if the dog doesn't seem to be getting anyway better, within a day after, I'd be going back in looking answers. Keep us posted. Atb Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 2

I we t to a second vet for a second opinion he told me the first treatment was nonsence the dog has demodec mange . He give me 6 weeks of advocate and said that will get rid of it .. ive started using nustock on him as of yesterday and will jab him again with ivomec next month .. cost me a fair old bit of money ive never had a dog get it before but hopefully it will be gone soon

I we t to a second vet for a second opinion he told me the first treatment was nonsence the dog has demodec mange . He give me 6 weeks of advocate and said that will get rid of it .. ive started using nustock on him as of yesterday and will jab him again with ivomec next month .. cost me a fair old bit of money ive never had a dog get it before but hopefully it will be gone soon

I was thinking demodex when I read your first post, my house dog had it as a pup advocate cleared it right up :thumbs:

• Like 1