My mate is pestering to get out up to the mountains for a few days. Now it's bloody cold up there in the Pyrenees at this time of year and hammocking without a decent heat source is not happening. I've used the body length leanto type fire before and it works a treat just can't see it working with a hammock and not being highly fuuckin dangerous

You don't need a fire source if you've got decent clothing and sleeping bag you can sleep out to minus 15 quite comfortably ......

I've got the gear mate ;) It can get just a tad nippier that -15 in the night up there ?

My mate is pestering to get out up to the mountains for a few days. Now it's bloody cold up there in the Pyrenees at this time of year and hammocking without a decent heat source is not happening. I've used the body length leanto type fire before and it works a treat just can't see it working with a hammock and not being highly fuuckin dangerous

You don't need a fire source if you've got decent clothing and sleeping bag you can sleep out to minus 15 quite comfortably ......

I've got the gear mate ;) It can get just a tad nippier that -15 in the night up there

Wear an extra jumper then you big fanny ......

I was out last Tuesday and had the same problem with the frozen kettle so I tried the ray mears split log fire and it worked a treat so,I will be using that next week when I'm out next .......

how long do you stay out for,weekend or what.dont look to comfy.