Hiya lads, just a quick one. Been shooting a few pheasants lately with good success, knocking em down out of the bush and trees on my permission where im allowed to take anything I want within the law of the land. I went out two nights ago and I hit 4 pheasant amd two lots of wood Pidgeon. However, each bird, even the ones head shot,managed to flap enough to launch over I to thick cover where I couldn't see them and got away. I was using double threw gold and 12mm lead on my missus hegarty catapult. I was a bit gutted as what could of been a cracking day turned Into the o es that got away. The bands don't look damaged but im wondering if they loose there snap over time? I've been doing plenty of shooting and practice with it and first time using flats so unsure how they wear over time. It's like shots that were penetrating game two weeks ago were just giving em a wack this time? Also if like to say the hegarty catapults are brilliant with the aiming dump my shooting has improved tenfold.

Unless there are any visible Tare,s it should not loose much power by aging, it normally breaks first, but if the weather was very cold this can have a big impact on performance, in cold weather try to keep it in your coat or close to your body until you take a shot, also give it a go on a warm day and see if it's back to normal

Cheers grey, I thought I'd check as like I say im new to the bands. I had a few pulls in the mirror today and noticed the frame isn't quite square how I've had it so maybe that has something to do with it. It was pretty cold the night I was usng it. Maybe it was just o e of those days but out of six birds hit I should of dropped one to the floor without it managing to flap back up. Im thinking of getting a 10mm mould as you recommended see how it effects the killing potential on impact.

It's hard to see what's going on here it must be the cold. The shots seem off and I've tried using 9.5 steel as well but still a bit off. Odd how one day they were going through the bird and this time just a thud and getting away. What setups are you using lads, ammo and bands? Also who aims and who shoots on instinct?