Fishing Comp 2017

Can I put Fenton, bud and son callum and Gerry down for kayaks please, iknow they're very keen to try it, even if it's a short spell, it'll give them a taste. If not I'm sure they'll be happy with a bit of beach casting, Atb Joe

No problem mate, we're only going in the estuary so will be a short paddle in and out...

I'd like to have a go on tidal ex please kev, I'll check and confirm regards others.

We'll talk before obviously mate, but plan to keep kit to a minimum, and try and catch a mullet or 2

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kev won again lol 11lb 4oz Gary 2nd 6lb 4oz pike (biggest fish trophy) Fin 3rd 6lb 2 oz If Ive remembered the weights right Several members blanked so a draw was made for the wooden spoon and Joh

I can't make this year...but if owains going I will donate a full set of digging the dirt terrier books with dvds for the raffle men.atvb sean

Posted Images

How much wild boar are you bringing kev ? Just trying to work out how much meat to bring ... I will bring the usual ton of sausages and a load of pork and I will get a couple of roe or a fallow and marinate it in various flavours .......

How much wild boar are you bringing kev ? Just trying to work out how much meat to bring ... I will bring the usual ton of sausages and a load of pork and I will get a couple of roe or a fallow and marinate it in various flavours .......

I'll let you know mate, should have a couple of decent joints (shoulder and haunch) plus some home made venison burgers...

I'll do a big pot of game stew for the first night, we can just hang it over the fire and save firing up the barbie on the Friday night...

I'll get tomato and brown sauce, if anyone can ring hot sauce etc great...

Perhaps as there looks like a lot of people everyone bring a bag of rolls each for burgers etc...

There is a tescos walking distance away so we'll be fine if we run short on bread etc

Ok mate just trying to work out how much meat is needed ......

Got ya.

There's a few lads coming from north and I'm assuming some via the M6....

I'll get 10kg of the usual in the freezer and meet whoever at JCT 10 M6, if I can't make it...

Either way you'll have my contribution, hopefully I'll be on hand to give Dan a hand....

• Like 5

If you need any extra rods and reels for the yakking i can bring what ive got Kev. I can bring plenty of leads for people to lose if you let me know what sizes are needed. I will also pick some peeler crabs and dig some lug worm for bait.If there is owt else let me know

• Like 2

If you need any extra rods and reels for the yakking i can bring what ive got Kev. I can bring plenty of leads for people to lose if you let me know what sizes are needed. I will also pick some peeler crabs and dig some lug worm for bait.If there is owt else let me know

That'll be great thanks Bry, I'll bring everything I have anyway, try and dig some rag on Friday (hopefully an early low tide).

Crab and lug would be very welcome though mate

• Like 1

I'll probably be out with hounds Saturday if anyone wants to come

What hounds bud I'd be interested !

Not sure yet but I'm sure I can find a nice little morning or evening meet. Maybe the staghounds will of started but it will only be with two hounds there

I'll probably be out with hounds Saturday if anyone wants to come

What hounds bud I'd be interested !
Not sure yet but I'm sure I can find a nice little morning or evening meet. Maybe the staghounds will of started but it will only be with two hounds there
Sounds good I will be definitely up for watching any pack !

Well this is going to be a big turn out by the looks of it!!

We may need the whole football pitch for camping!! Lol

For those who've not been just bring a few beers or cider (or wine for socks lol), the drink will be for everyone to help themselves, we've also got a clubhouse if you fancy a pint too...

I guarantee we will not go short on food or drink, infact every year has been quite the opposite...

As Dy said, if you can bring a bit of tat (or good shit lol) for the raffle and auction then great, this is always a good crack and every penny raised on the weekend goes in the charity pot..

I should be able to sort a decent prize for first and 2nd place in the comp, the local fishing shop has been really generous every year so far...

I'll make sure we have ice buckets, fire pit, logs, water, and a big barbie to be used all weekend, Dan the man will do his special on the Sunday night...

There will be loads of local scrumpy and I'm hoping to have A few joints of boar to cook.

Could Arch bring the scales and weigh sling again please?

Between me and Geth we should be able to take 6 people kayak fishing early sat morning, if more than 6 will have to do 2 trips but no worries if so...would be good to have an idea on numbers wanting to come out though..

I know Tyla, Robbo at Mattyg are in so far....

On the sat afternoon I'm happy to take people fishing on the tidal exe, if you haven't coarse fished on a tidal river it's different fishing than the norm... lots of dace, chub, bream etc.. but also big mullet, even flounder and occasional bass!! Along with big brown trout and salmon and sea trout...

I'll need numbers again as I'll have to get Day tickets (I'll try and get a swerve on this by speaking with the club and telling them it's a charity do etc).

We're going to be camping on the back of a football pitch, obviously no problem bringing dogs, but will need to pick up any shit.

Charity hasn't been confirmed yet, but I will in the next couple of weeks..

That's all I can think of for now

ye iam up fo all that if jonah cant come i will meet him fo the meat and kidnap him no exscuse then
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...