Fishing Comp 2017

Morning lads

So everyone knows

The match is on Sunday 13th August, venue Lyme Kilns Exeter Canal

We're staying at St martins FC, Exminster, Exeter, Devon

Dates Friday 11th August - Monday 14th August

We'll be taking a few lads Kayak fishing on Saturday morning, then river fishing Saturday afternoon for those who fancy it

Dido has offered to take lads to a hunt meet on the Saturday too.

BBQ Saturday night, few beers

After match on Sunday we'll do the raffle, auction and presentation for fishing match, big BBQ and a piss up....

That's about it lads, hopefully we get the weather like today, it's bloody roasting down here!!

• Like 6

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kev won again lol 11lb 4oz Gary 2nd 6lb 4oz pike (biggest fish trophy) Fin 3rd 6lb 2 oz If Ive remembered the weights right Several members blanked so a draw was made for the wooden spoon and Joh

I can't make this year...but if owains going I will donate a full set of digging the dirt terrier books with dvds for the raffle men.atvb sean

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Hi lads,

Sorry for late reply, it's been a bit hectic!

I'd like to make Dream-A-Way the charity, we've raised money for them this past year through a few events plus rowing the channel a couple of months back..

It's a non profitable local charity that takes seriously ill/disabled people on holidays and help support the families.. they're a good bunch of people too..

Dave,

The canal is very deep (12ft plus) pole or feeder are the best methods, although there are a lot of smaller Rudd and perch tight to the weed beds you can catch on standard float gear.

Main species are Bream, tench, roach and some very big carp plus a lot of pike...

Maggot, caster, worm, corn and pellet can all catch.. you'll need groubdbait fir the bream and tench..

I'll try and sort maggot, and let everyone know nearer the time...

One slight hiccup... the camping venue has had to change, st Martins have pre season friendlies on the weekend we want, bit of a pain but it'll be all sorted this week..

Edited by NEWKID

Dave,

The canal is very deep (12ft plus) pole or feeder are the best methods, although there are a lot of smaller Rudd and perch tight to the weed beds you can catch on standard float gear.

Main species are Bream, tench, roach and some very big carp plus a lot of pike...

Maggot, caster, worm, corn and pellet can all catch.. you'll need groubdbait fir the bream and tench..

I may be wrong here Kev. But i'm pretty sure he'll be no better of after that post.................

:blink::blink::blink:

• Like 4

Dave,

I may be wrong here Kev. But i'm pretty sure he'll be no better of after that post.................

:blink::blink::blink:

Cheeky b*****d. :laugh:

SORTED!

Right lads the camping is all sorted, we've got a field at the top of Haldon, near Exeter Racecourse... it's surrounded by forestry a few lads will know the area, dogs will need to be kept an eye on!!

Also have a 60 pint barrel of ale given to us from a mate in the brewery, that's the first hour of Friday sorted!! Lol

I'm on holiday from next Saturday until the Wednesday night before the comp so need to sort a few things out in advance...few questions:

1) how many people want to fish the river Saturday afternoon (need to get day tickets)

2) how many people are fishing the match (again tickets needed)

3) how many want to kayak fish on Saturday morning ( will probably have to do split parties as it'll be 6 at a time)

Could be a few more questions but that will do for now

I will do all 3 if possible kev but if not i will miss out on the kayaking. Do you need any leads making for the fishing on the kayaks.

Do you need any more leads for mackerel bashing Walshie.

I will do all 3 if possible kev but if not i will miss out on the kayaking. Do you need any leads making for the fishing on the kayaks.

Do you need any more leads for mackerel bashing Walshie.

No probs Bry... I think I'm ok for leads mate, I'll give you a bell next week though.. cheers