Fishing Comp 2017

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kev won again lol 11lb 4oz Gary 2nd 6lb 4oz pike (biggest fish trophy) Fin 3rd 6lb 2 oz If Ive remembered the weights right Several members blanked so a draw was made for the wooden spoon and Joh

I can't make this year...but if owains going I will donate a full set of digging the dirt terrier books with dvds for the raffle men.atvb sean

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Where's it at ? Need to do some homework on venue lol atb Flacko

Exeter area, Kev prob wont answer tonight, hes just got back from the Dam, probably featured on the zombies thread lol

Cheers, D.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Right. just put a post up with rough numbers going. Please add your name to that if you want to come. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/367868-fishing-comp-2017-numbers/

Any takers? Any new faces want to come and do their bit for a worthy cause and get pissed, eat yourself silly and have a good laugh in the meantime?

It'd be good to get more people going from the different sections. Note to airgun section - We don't bite! :thumbs:

Walshie. Would I have to wear 'my shirt' as penance? I reckon if I can work round my marquees and beg Flacko to give me a lift, I'd come down. Sounds good but it would have to be B&B for me. Tents wouldn't work. Jok.

Walshie. Would I have to wear 'my shirt' as penance? I reckon if I can work round my marquees and beg Flacko to give me a lift, I'd come down. Sounds good but it would have to be B&B for me. Tents wouldn't work. Jok.

No you wouldn't have to wear "the shirt". Be good to see a new face there mate. Trying to get a B&B in Devon in August might be your penance. I'll put your name on the list.

(Even though you put it in the wrong thread.) :laugh:

Quality, just PM's Flacko and awaiting a reply. I know he'll bring me down if I can get away. Has Newkid got some sort of dealings with accommodation.? Like I said to Flacko, I've still got my fairy liquid bottle with about 4 yds of catgut. I'm sure to do well LOL. Jok.

I've not read the whole thread but do you have a venue Yet?

I've sold,broken,gave away all my proper match gear......is it a carp puddle? If so I'll scrounge some carbon and a box so I at least look the part. Lol

If it's on the river (proper fishing) then ill be sorted.

Just gotta convince the Mrs that we need to go down in August...... She'll wonder why I actually want to see my in Laws!

Failing that, I'll come down with you Jok!

Matt

• Like 1

Right lads...

Been on it this weekend and think it's sorted

I'm waiting on confirmation on our "camp site" but it looks like we can use some ground beside the pitch at my old football club. Plus we'll have access to showers, toilets and the bar...

A mate of mine has bought a little fishing complex in the same village called lucombes, they are quite nice ponds, I've not fished em for years but was always good for a few fish (normal pond fishing)......but.....

I had a chat with the Exeter club secetary yesterday, and he said we could hold it in one of the decent stretches of the canal... this ain't your standard small cut though, it's deep (12ft plus) wide (up to 80 yards in places) and 7 miles long... it holds all sorts, big carp (30lb plus) big tench (7lb plus) big bream (8lb) and lots of roach, Rudd etc also some very good perch and pike....

It will be a bit different for some of the lads, but could be good because of that...

feeder fishing or pole will be best methods, unless you fish a slider it's a bit deep for standard waggler fishing, but you can fish up in the water by the weed for Rudd and roach....

Both venues are less than half a mile from where we will camp...

I'll tee my mate up on the ponds, and maybe do a couple of days on the canal on the stretches we can fish....

Check out the Lyme Kilns on Exeter canal... that would be the most likely stretch

• Like 5