My Mink Fang's Big Canine Teeth!

Ferrets typically have bigger canines than mink do. Mink kill their prey faster than a ferret because of their powerful jaws, not because of their unusually long teeth. My mink Fang on the other hand, has some pretty long canines for a mink! She is also the fastest, most efficient killing female mink I've ever seen. So she must have some real power to go along with those teeth!

Snapshot%207%201-1-2017%206-02%20PM_zpsh

Snapshot%209%201-1-2017%206-04%20PM_zps0

It's amazing how much bigger Fang's teeth are compared to an average mink! Here's a video that shows her teeth compared to an average mink.

https://youtu.be/xZOUiCK8t3I

• Like 1

do they ever bite you? as wouldnt like a bite of that

The blood on my finger is from one of the mink scratching me. Since mink can climb, they have much sharper claws than ferrets do. I rarely get bitten by any of my mink. At least not hard enough to cause damage. They play bite, or in one mink's case try to bluff me with mock bites, but none of them hurt or cause damage. I don't really remember the last time one of my mink bit me. Muskrat bites on the other hand, can be pretty hard to forget!!!!! Beware, this video, especially the last half, is quite bloody and will be disturbing to most viewers!

https://youtu.be/K-HuB1Ktg5I

Edited by Minkenry

do they ever bite you? as wouldnt like a bite of that

The blood on my finger is from one of the mink scratching me. Since mink can climb, they have much sharper claws than ferrets do. I rarely get bitten by any of my mink. At least not hard enough to cause damage. They play bite, or in one mink's case try to bluff me with mock bites, but none of them hurt or cause damage. I don't really remember the last time one of my mink bit me. Muskrat bites on the other hand, can be pretty hard to forget!!!!! Beware, this video, especially the last half, is quite bloody and will be disturbing to most viewers!

love the video but fook me go to hospital next time mate

love the video but fook me go to hospital next time mate

I was raised by my grandpa, and he's a tough old cowboy that taught me to take care of my self. Stitching up my finger is NOTHING compared to what my grandpa used to do! He actually broke his leg once, and didn't find out he broke it until many years later when he was in the hospital for a different injury, and the doctor commented how the break in his left leg had healed a little crooked. My grandpa replied that he'd never broken his left leg, he'd only broken his right leg before, and the doctor told him that he had in fact broken his left leg as well at some point in the past. But my grandpa wasn't sure which accident could have broken that leg....... He was one tough old cowboy!

Modern technology is a wonderful blessing that saves lives, and I am so very grateful we have it, but at the same time it also turns people into a bunch of helpless crybabies!

• Like 1

Fecking yanks have to make a big thing out of feck all, put some tape round it next time it will be right.

I get comments like yours on a regular basis. "You should use super glue instead" is what I usually hear. I find it quite amusing at how all of these people with no medical background love to share their unsolicited advice on the subject, and yet at the same time I get multiple comments from people from the medical field who remark on how good of a job I did on the stitches...... This isn't my first time stitching myself up. I use super glue and butterfly bandages all the time, and I know when I do and don't need stitches.

Edited by Minkenry
  • 4 weeks later...

Norseman and me where out ferreting a few weekends ago, had the purse nets and long nets all rigged up......then a mink came running up from the stream at the bottom of the hill, dropped into the holes we had just spent an hour netting and it started killing everything! It was huge and we couldn't believe the speed of this thing bouncing across the hill back and forth through all the holes. We had been putting our arms down the holes all day and I dread to think how painful a full on mink bite would be!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Norseman and me where out ferreting a few weekends ago, had the purse nets and long nets all rigged up......then a mink came running up from the stream at the bottom of the hill, dropped into the holes we had just spent an hour netting and it started killing everything! It was huge and we couldn't believe the speed of this thing bouncing across the hill back and forth through all the holes. We had been putting our arms down the holes all day and I dread to think how painful a full on mink bite would be!!!!

That's a really cool story! Sorry the mink messed up all your work, but still a cool opportunity to watch a wild predator at work! If that mink did bite you for sticking your hand down the hole, it would likely only do a quick strike, which really isn't that bad compared to when they really get a hold of you.