Can Anyone Offer Me A Day Out Hunting In Ireland ?

brenner

It might be a long shot, but I was wondering if there is anyone near in or even remotely close to dublin that could bring me out for a day's hunting with a hawk . It's something I would really like to experience 1st hand . Any help appreciated a.t.b Brenner

Pity you didnt ask a few months ago i know a fella would of brought you out no prob he had a goss an a harris but had to get rid when he split with his mrs hope you het sorted.

thanks for the reply Peter , shame about your pal, I've been in that sort of situation myself, it's no fun. Anyway , bit of luck someone else is able to give me a dig out with this one
  • Like 1

Not sure where you are in Ireland but they do hawking days out here on Anglesey, if you're not far from Dublin you can come over on the ferry and have a day out.

http://www.angleseyhawking.com/

I think there's more than one business that do it as I saw adverts in the local shop and one of the hotels.

If it interests you and you need to find cheap accommodation let me know I'll see what I can find

• Like 1

Bren check out a site called living social.ie they do cheap days out my mrs got cheap tickets for the cercus and she said theirs cheap falcanry deals on it.hope this helps.

Ps. I dont drive but id be into going if theres space im not to far from you.

I checked out that name shionnach mentioned and found a guy using that name in wexford. I spoke to him on phone , price was 120 for a day's hunting pheasant with a pointer and goshawk . He said he would take me out until 3 o clock. Or 3 catches, which ever comes 1st, he said it would be unusual not to get a couple of kills . Only date he had left was 21st of this month. I'm still not sure if I'm free that date. But if I am able to make it and your interested in going , I can pick you up no problem. I will check that site out aswell and see what I can find
  • Like 1

Brenner local lad here has falcons he was with me middle of December looking for ferrets had none asked me would i bring the ferrets no bother just waiting for him to get back give ye shout when he calls dead sound man too.

that be great fly. I'll pm you my number if that suits. App. It