How Is Your Season Shaping Up.

Feck all that boys, I'm 300 yards from a spot that's always holding. Lol

Fair play to you lads that put the miles in to get enough graft.

So fr9m read8ng that I'm assuming that you dig this spot week in week out how's that work ?
He said it always holds not that he always digs it? It could be an undiggable spot?
  • Like 1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate was gifted a young dog a few weeks back by a friend of mine,14months old,nice strong dog,i know the breeding of it so it had the right stuff in it but wont mention that on here.We were out on

Cheers Fatman, wish yous all the best with him hopefully he turns into a good worker for yous, he's forward enough and built for the job. We had his full brother out with us today. He hasn't seen as m

First dig to my pup yesterday 2 in a stop well chuffed

Posted Images

I've a few places like that few fields from my house. Dug two of them at the start of the season left them and haven't been near them since. My mate was over with the gundog and said they're well holding so i'll hit them a rattle start of next season hard to beat getting a dig at walking distance from the house.

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 3

Ive a couple of different farms that hold very good earths,every time we hit them its usually 3-4 digs and all within 10 minute drive.I find the key to geting good diging is releasing game and making sure the backfill is properly done.We got a lot of digging thois season with limited traveling unless it was an invite from someone else.Where im living now im here 27-28 years and have seen a lot of young lads take up the digging and just as quick move on to something different which is a good thing from my side of things as i have seen very good earths ruined by these same lads,respect the land your on and the game your digging and you will always have it,abuse it and it will soon be gone.

• Like 6

Ive a couple of different farms that hold very good earths,every time we hit them its usually 3-4 digs and all within 10 minute drive.I find the key to geting good diging is releasing game and making sure the backfill is properly done.We got a lot of digging thois season with limited traveling unless it was an invite from someone else.Where im living now im here 27-28 years and have seen a lot of young lads take up the digging and just as quick move on to something different which is a good thing from my side of things as i have seen very good earths ruined by these same lads,respect the land your on and the game your digging and you will always have it,abuse it and it will soon be gone.

that's it. In my village id say theirs about 10 lads who check earths locally so everything has moved off and they don't hold no more. That's why I don't bother locally.
  • Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Well we are well and truly back at it again,today was our 4th trip out and geting good results each time with plenty of diging,bit on the warm side today but still managed 2 digs.The young bitch i started last season has been dug to twice so far this time around and has picked up where she left off last season doing well.A new member to our gang Paddy had a nice dig to a dog that was gifted to him a few weeks back and he looks very promising so all in all should be a good season with some new permission got aswell so things look good,has many more lads started.

• Like 5

Same here, it was my third days digging and was warm here too back at home for eleven, plenty of game around and no blanks yet.

Very yesterday,we were not so lucky and it was heading for 3pm when we got back,couple of digs we had were hard going but worth it in the end as dogs done well.We seem to have plenty about us,we well up into double figures already so season looks promising,happy hunting to all.

You seem to be doing well upto now Fm, your young dogs are coming on, its still a bit warm you must have beeen sweating your balls of yesterday afternoon, I had another farm to go to but at ten oclock the sweat was pissing out of me so I called it a day, early start early finish for me.

• Like 1

You seem to be doing well upto now Fm, your young dogs are coming on, its still a bit warm you must have beeen sweating your balls of yesterday afternoon, I had another farm to go to but at ten oclock the sweat was pissing out of me so I called it a day, early start early finish for me.

We actually meant to finish earlier but as it turned out it was one of them digs that you think will be a quick affair only to turn into a drawn out thing,game did not want to be dug and only a couple of stops in this earth even though its a big enough place so a lot of running about before the little bitch finially drove it to a stop and then the diging was torture,under a hedge at 1.7 and rock hard but in fairness she done well,she just gone 2 year old and 14 digs to her credit now so happy enough with her and she not very big but still wont give any ground when up tight to her game.

• Like 4