How Is Your Season Shaping Up.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate was gifted a young dog a few weeks back by a friend of mine,14months old,nice strong dog,i know the breeding of it so it had the right stuff in it but wont mention that on here.We were out on

Cheers Fatman, wish yous all the best with him hopefully he turns into a good worker for yous, he's forward enough and built for the job. We had his full brother out with us today. He hasn't seen as m

First dig to my pup yesterday 2 in a stop well chuffed

Posted Images

Just started last weekend lad, new lurcher bitch that the jurys still out on lol. Not sure if shes gonna make the grade or not, pity tho shes a

Hope she comes around for ye lad, is it the sharp end she doesnt like.

Bit dissapointed meself iv a big bull x pup here also twelve months old, he does everything a mile a minute, hes the last, albeit of my little line i had goin, but hes an outcross, had no other choice, hopefully he matures well, atb

• 2 weeks later...

Out again this morning, after trying a few handy ones last sunday and monday and nothing I bumped into a neighbour farmer and he mentioned a farm up the mountain had gone down with TB he said go up and try for a fox up there, so up there this morning with the two young bitches, I dug three from there in January, so I collared up the black bitch and in she went she flew around the place in and out she knew something was here but it was a rangey burrow and she wasnt travelling deep into it, so back on the lead and in went the russel bitch after a good search the bumping began. She was only a couple of feet down so I gave her time to settle, I noticed something out the corner of my eye, it was the black bitch flying down the hole I turned to where the lead was and the collar had slipped off somehow (amateur mistake) anyway my heart sank, the russel is a ask no questions type of bitch and I dread this black bitch coming up behind her, thankfully I could hear the black bitch way off in the burrow working her game, now it was who to dig to first, I thought the russell is doing the tango down there and she aint going nowhere, so itll be the black bitch first, so I went for the bar when out flys her game straight into the lurcher with the black bitch close behind down into the ditch for a threesome, after breaking them up and getting them collared up again it was back to the job in hand, a couple of feet down to the russel bitch locked on to a big customer with another one behind, three in all. A quick stop off at the farm to give him the news and home for half one well happy.

• Like 5

Out again today long day again left the house at half five this morin and only back 20mins anyway we were down in Kilkenny today hounds,lurchers and terriers we got 6in total 4in the feild with lurchers 5th fox ran into a big spot and by the time we got up to the hole a foxhound was half way down it and killed it in ground number 6 we dug with a young black terrier at 1metre , only down side to the day was getting a blow out on the trailer on the way home we were stuck on the naas red for two hours a well that's all part and parcel of this hunting game.

• Like 2

And I thought there dogs wernt grate they must not be too bad after all wipeout

IT WAS A GOOD DAY HAD BY ALL AS FOR DIFFERENT DOGS AMONG A PACK IM NOT IN A POSITION TOO JUDGE HOUNDS ARE NOT MY THING IF THATRS WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT MOLE EITHER WAY EVERYBODY WENT HOME WITH A SMILE ON THERE FACE THATS WHAT A DAYS HUNTING IS ALL ABOUT ATB ROBBIE

Out again this morning, after trying a few handy ones last sunday and monday and nothing I bumped into a neighbour farmer and he mentioned a farm up the mountain had gone down with TB he said go up and try for a fox up there, so up there this morning with the two young bitches, I dug three from there in January, so I collared up the black bitch and in she went she flew around the place in and out she knew something was here but it was a rangey burrow and she wasnt travelling deep into it, so back on the lead and in went the russel bitch after a good search the bumping began. She was only a couple of feet down so I gave her time to settle, I noticed something out the corner of my eye, it was the black bitch flying down the hole I turned to where the lead was and the collar had slipped off somehow (amateur mistake) anyway my heart sank, the russel is a ask no questions type of bitch and I dread this black bitch coming up behind her, thankfully I could hear the black bitch way off in the burrow working her game, now it was who to dig to first, I thought the russell is doing the tango down there and she aint going nowhere, so itll be the black bitch first, so I went for the bar when out flys her game straight into the lurcher with the black bitch close behind down into the ditch for a threesome, after breaking them up and getting them collared up again it was back to the job in hand, a couple of feet down to the russel bitch locked on to a big customer with another one behind, three in all. A quick stop off at the farm to give him the news and home for half one well happy.

We had something simular happen last season.We had dug to my Barney dog and lifted him and released the quarry which went back to ground.we then tied Barney up to a fence post while we were back filling .My mate turned to get something and it was then he noticed that Barney was no longer on his chain,he had sliped his collar and was back to ground,luckily we had not taken of the locater collar and we had to dig him a 2nd time,you were lucky that both dogs did not connect or it could have been a disaster.I had a black dog years ago called RIP that would not tolerate another dog beside him let alone in the ground with him.We were out one morning and another young lad came with us and he had a JR with him.Rip was in and on and the young lad wanted to let the russell go and i said no thats not the way we work,its 1 dog in the earth.While my mate and myself were diging the young lad sliped his dog and it went to ground and up to Rip.We dug as fast as we could but it was too late when we got down,Rip had killed the russell,they had moved back about 6ft from the original mark.

Out yesterday,had old Russell off walking to earth and bolts fox from cover,entered old Russell Jim into rangey spot and within seconds was on,plenty of movement couldn't bottle the fox after 30 min's fox bolts and gone over hill,Jim follows straight after none the worse,starting to show his age now will be using him sparingly this season and will definitely be his last.

Put collar on mates bitch again travelling well within 15 mins could hear her baying away,gave her 30 mins and no movement 2.4 was the reading on box .got down after 1hour to bitch with fox,it was very warm yesterday sun splitting the trees and dogs done well,good to see the foxes in numbers

Good day had

post-45593-0-18827000-1506358089_thumb.jpg

post-45593-0-86793000-1506358152_thumb.jpg

• Like 6