How Is Your Season Shaping Up.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate was gifted a young dog a few weeks back by a friend of mine,14months old,nice strong dog,i know the breeding of it so it had the right stuff in it but wont mention that on here.We were out on

Cheers Fatman, wish yous all the best with him hopefully he turns into a good worker for yous, he's forward enough and built for the job. We had his full brother out with us today. He hasn't seen as m

First dig to my pup yesterday 2 in a stop well chuffed

Posted Images

If you put in the leg work and the miles you will be rewarded for your efforts,game can be thin on the ground in some parts round us at times,and sometimes it means gettin back in the jeep and putting in some good miles to get to the next spot,but we usually manage to get 2-3 digs most outings,and when the season is over we still meet up and walk new land looking for new spots,up until the cover gets up,if you keep doin the same spots season after season with little or no reward you've only yourself to blame

You get back what you put in

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

Walked a bit of new land this afternoon and found 2 nice earths with plenty of activity about them,also seen a vixen carrying a rabbit into some cover and on investagation found the earth with loads of sign of cubs,litter scattered everywhere,something to look forward to next season.

• Like 3

Well you can keep your fcuking travelling lads, last few seasons for me it's been an average of 5 hours on the road to dig a some poxy foxes & quite frankly it sucks! Haha....

I think I'm gonna take up stamp collecting instead......Atb

Edited by Accip74

I travel any thing from from a hour to 2 half hours every weekend think am packing up from next weekend apart from a few cubbing days,my count up to now is 74 digs 82 vermin which isn't bad for a weekend digger an had a few days thro the season through the week when been off work, just goes to show you need to travel àbit to put some game in front of your dogs atb

• Like 1

Last season I was travelling 2 and half hours for a poor bit of permission on steep fells, started to annoy me. Changed direction this season and im 50 minute away from decent ground. I enjoy travelling to different places as its something different for dog and man.

• Like 1

Feck all that boys, I'm 300 yards from a spot that's always holding. Lol

Fair play to you lads that put the miles in to get enough graft.

I used to be in that position but ruined any within a field or two of my house. Terriers remember where they are and I lost a good terrier a few hundred yards from my front door in a place I didn't know was there. I'd only just moved house.

So fr9m read8ng that I'm assuming that you dig this spot week in week out how's that work ?

So fr9m read8ng that I'm assuming that you dig this spot week in week out how's that work ?
Yeah your right, just read it back. I don't kick the arse out of spots within walking distance. But then again we never have to travel more then an hour. And we had 4-5 digs a week on average. So plenty of spots to go at local

Hunting local is a distant memory for me :-(

.... Although clocking up the miles seems to be the new internet bragg!

• Like 1