How Is Your Season Shaping Up.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate was gifted a young dog a few weeks back by a friend of mine,14months old,nice strong dog,i know the breeding of it so it had the right stuff in it but wont mention that on here.We were out on

Cheers Fatman, wish yous all the best with him hopefully he turns into a good worker for yous, he's forward enough and built for the job. We had his full brother out with us today. He hasn't seen as m

First dig to my pup yesterday 2 in a stop well chuffed

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

How' your season  mate ,now you seem to be sober most the time .There many real dogs about still. 

I've only got one working terrier and things are quiet enough. Hopefully get out this week as dog needed a little rest up. As for real dogs , I've only seen my own this season and a few years before lol .no complaints 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2017 at 13:51, fat man said:

My mate was gifted a young dog a few weeks back by a friend of mine,14months old,nice strong dog,i know the breeding of it so it had the right stuff in it but wont mention that on here.We were out on sunday morn and the lurcher Snowy marked an easy place so i told Paddy to collar up the young dog.We entered him and he travelled on a few metres and then found and we dug him with a small vixon,ideal start for this youngster.We also had a dog returned to us by the General that i had gave him as a pup but through circumstances at the moment he had to rehome the dog and to his word the dog ame back to us.My mate collected the dog on a friday eve and we took it out on the sunday morn,this dog is also around the 14 month mark.We tried a few handy places with him but nothing home and then we put him in a biggish place ,not deep but can be rangey and he flew to ground.The young dog was working its quarry mid-tube a couple of times so to dig to him was a waste as it just kept moving soon as we got down close to it,and it eventually bolted after over an hour but the dog was still to ground.We left him a short while thinking he was still looking for it but then we could tell that he was on again on a 2nd and eventually after another hour he pushed this one to a stop where we dug to him,the young dog had worked really well and its a credit to the Geneal the condition the dog was in,Fit,healthy and coat shinning,once again credit to the man for sticking to his word and giving the dog back down to us,like it should be.I rang him that sunday eve and he was delighted that the dog had worked saying he knew he would and i told him in time when things are sorted there will always be a pup there for him if we have them,a true honest gentleman.

Cheers Fatman, wish yous all the best with him hopefully he turns into a good worker for yous, he's forward enough and built for the job. We had his full brother out with us today. He hasn't seen as much as the other dog but he showed a lot of interest and he got to run a few handy places though there was nothing home. Ended up at a place into dark, runaround for a brave while and when we ran out of light a while later it bolted, its there for another day. Took this pic just so you can see how he's shaping up. Thanks again. Atb 

IMG_4963.JPG

• Like 13
6 hours ago, THE GENERAL said:

Cheers Fatman, wish yous all the best with him hopefully he turns into a good worker for yous, he's forward enough and built for the job. We had his full brother out with us today. He hasn't seen as much as the other dog but he showed a lot of interest and he got to run a few handy places though there was nothing home. Ended up at a place into dark, runaround for a brave while and when we ran out of light a while later it bolted, its there for another day. Took this pic just so you can see how he's shaping up. Thanks again. Atb 

IMG_4963.JPG

Cheers D,he will certainly get all the work he can take and sure you might get down before the season ends for a bit of sport and you can see him in the flesh yourself.He is very keen and a nice dog to work with but he will be given only easy places for the present until next season then we will up the work load.

• Like 3

There' some good lads about Lee.good luck with the youngster this season.im on the sideline this season my dog doesent want to go he has been given numerous opportunitys but has no Interest.keep us updated 

• Like 1
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 13:51, fat man said:

My mate was gifted a young dog a few weeks back by a friend of mine,14months old,nice strong dog,i know the breeding of it so it had the right stuff in it but wont mention that on here.We were out on sunday morn and the lurcher Snowy marked an easy place so i told Paddy to collar up the young dog.We entered him and he travelled on a few metres and then found and we dug him with a small vixon,ideal start for this youngster.We also had a dog returned to us by the General that i had gave him as a pup but through circumstances at the moment he had to rehome the dog and to his word the dog ame back to us.My mate collected the dog on a friday eve and we took it out on the sunday morn,this dog is also around the 14 month mark.We tried a few handy places with him but nothing home and then we put him in a biggish place ,not deep but can be rangey and he flew to ground.The young dog was working its quarry mid-tube a couple of times so to dig to him was a waste as it just kept moving soon as we got down close to it,and it eventually bolted after over an hour but the dog was still to ground.We left him a short while thinking he was still looking for it but then we could tell that he was on again on a 2nd and eventually after another hour he pushed this one to a stop where we dug to him,the young dog had worked really well and its a credit to the Geneal the condition the dog was in,Fit,healthy and coat shinning,once again credit to the man for sticking to his word and giving the dog back down to us,like it should be.I rang him that sunday eve and he was delighted that the dog had worked saying he knew he would and i told him in time when things are sorted there will always be a pup there for him if we have them,a true honest gentleman.

your right about him being a gent, same man offered me a help out earlier in the year too.

• Like 6