Quad For Knocking About On ( How Much )

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i definitely think Honda a better bike every farm I go on owns a Honda the only people I see buying yams are the ones who want to go up the mountain and they don't last to long Honda for me all the wa

3 wheelers are killing machines, until you learn to ride them properly, had hours of fun on them, and some severe accidents as well lol, no disrespect, but if your of an older persuasion, stick to the

Thanks moxey I take it that you'll be looking for a lend of it then

Posted Images

We have a Honda 350 2004 model and it has been the best £2400 pound we have ever spent.

This goes anywhere and with the addition of some bolt on baskets to carry everything has been a godsend on the areas of open moor we

ferret.

Apart from a new battery it has never missed a beat.

When looking for one we were adviced to buy this model due its no nonsense manual gearshift.

We were adviced some of the newer electronic gear shifts and selectable four wheel drives have been problematic.

One of the things which has surprised us is the instability of it on rough terain.

It is surprisingly easy to turn one over as we have found out and that is not flying about stupidly either i am very cautious.

As others have said you will be doing a lot of standing up driving one.

Take your time and source a privately used well looked after one and you wont go wrong.

We looked at some and they were absolute wrecks at rediculous prices.

• Like 1

Depends on your budget and what abuse your going to throw at it.

They all break if not maintained but most parts for the Hondas are easier to get hold of and cheaper than other makes.

We get screwed big time in the uk. More so if it's an older model of bike.

A spurious starter motor for a Honda will set you back £80. Try finding one for a 10 year old Yammy.

The front rack on a Honda is something you would have to import. At a cost of £250 plus shipping. Again price that against a yammy or Suzuki.

It's a lottery. But the more common the bike and the more likely it is your going to get cheaper parts when it goes tits up.

I use both Honda and Yamaha but was lucky with the Yamaha as I found an identical bike cheap. So I've been able to use that as a donor for parts.

The Honda hasn't let me down yet

getting one up on a truck seems a pain,and s bit dangerous,ramps as said already are a pain.a small trailer will be quicker,safer and lot less agro.ive got a kvf 750,got everthing on it,insane pulling winch,diff lock,elecv4x4,etc,its huge tho.poss look for a kvf 250,or yamaha kodiak is a very good quad.

• Like 1

got a 2 year old yammy grizzly 650 at work and its a brilliant machine! had a small honda 300 here while the yammy was in for servicing and bloody hell you could tell the difference in the bikes! the little honda is a little lighter on the front end but a brilliant bike went every where the yammy went on the mountain and pulled well considering it was half the power!

couple of years back my joints started playing up and i ended up thinking the same and went simple ! i bought a 2007 klf 300 not over powered by modern standards but gets me anywhere i need to get and its invaluble now :yes: it does get bogged but only happened once(my fault totally) i got it out ok but fitted a winch on it now , getting it onto the back of a pickup could be a bit exciting almost to the point of underwear changing " not for me :no: i use a trailer "my thoughts were older =simpler= easier fixed by a monkey with a hammer and adjustable (me :laugh: )

JUST MY 2 PENETH ;)

• Like 1