Puppy Peeing.

My pup is 14 weeks old now and I am having a nightmare trying to break it from pissing in my kitchen. When it came it used to sit by the back door wanting to go out. That has all gone out of the window now. She just stops and pisses where ever she fancies when ever she fancies.

I mopped up 7 times after her last night in the space of an hour and a half. She hasn't messed in her crate now for nearly 2 weeks at night or during the day if we are out. She gets plenty of outside walks. An hour in a morning a walk in the middle of the day and an hour after work. Plus time out in the garden, it just seems like as soon as I turn my back she pisses in the kitchen. I am starting to think she is taking the mick now with it.

Has anyone any ideas please. . . .????? This has been going on for nearly a fortnight now.

Think you've already answer mate ,when you turn your back! Keep close eye on here any sign of circling sniffing etc show here were you would like her to piss. Lots and lots of praise when she does it , no harsh words or scolding when she doesn't just show her out.

You can also help by leading her out every half hour /hour to go toilet, patients is a virtue my mate, hope it helps it work for me.

• Like 3

Thanks Lugworm. She does it when I am not looking. I will keep taking her out side. I have always made a big fuss of her when she does it outside, a few times now she will come in from being outside for an hour and walk into the house and just piss in the doorway from literally just coming in from outside. She doesn't give any warning as to when she is going to do it, thats the tricky part, she will just be walking along and just squat. No whining or standing at the door. Very frustrating.

Yes. This is the 4th one I have raised now and by far the most frustrating and testing. I lost my old girl middle of last year, she was just over 15. I had her from 7 weeks old. My best dog died at 4, broke her neck out Lamping in 2010 and I have got one now that is 5 years old, and the little pissing tike who is 14 ish weeks. I am just hoping she is going to be worth all the hard work. Fingers crossed. What have you guys got. . . ????

keep the pup in its crate at all times except when you are givng your total attention. when you take her out, she goes straight in the garden and you stay there watching UNTIL SHE PISSES. Evry time. doesnt matter if you wait for 10 hours, you have to just do it. then you can bring her indoors. watch her and if she looks like shes going to piss just pick her up and take her out, no scolding or shouting as lugworm says. , she will probably stop pissing but you just need to wait again. if you need to take your eyes off her for any reason then back in the crate. if she is always pissing in the same area she is trying to be clean just hasnt made the connection yet, or you are getting your timing wrong. i always book a fortnight off work when i get a pup, and basically spend virtually every hour of that time with the pup, they are fully housetrained after that time

good luck!

• Like 6

Spot on the beast, that's the trick making the connection, the penny will drop. Also routine straight out after meals and drinks till she goes. Taking her water away as well after she has drank,sounds like she is trying to be clean hence not messing in the crate.

• Like 1

Thanks Beast. I have had her at home for nearly 7 weeks now. I took 2 weeks off over christmas with her She was doing great with her toilet training, asking to go out but these last couple of weeks it has gone completely wrong. If I shut her up in her crate she just yaps constantly, so rather than shutting her in when we are knocking about I have been letting her stay in the kitchen, and she is calm and quiet. She always goes in her crate when we go out or at night time. I think I might have traded the yapping for the peeing. . . . I'll try crating her again as well. Hopefully I can break the cycle.

As has been said,take her outside and stay with her no matter how long till she pees,fuss,back indoors....too many folk think putting the dog out for 10 mins is good enough (not aimed at yourself) rather than staying out in the wind/rain with it,then expect it to be clean in the house.Every time it wakes,eats,starts sniffing take her out and stay out till shes done,she will soon catch on atb Dave

Thanks Beast. I have had her at home for nearly 7 weeks now. I took 2 weeks off over christmas with her She was doing great with her toilet training, asking to go out but these last couple of weeks it has gone completely wrong. If I shut her up in her crate she just yaps constantly, so rather than shutting her in when we are knocking about I have been letting her stay in the kitchen, and she is calm and quiet. She always goes in her crate when we go out or at night time. I think I might have traded the yapping for the peeing. . . . I'll try crating her again as well. Hopefully I can break the cycle.

Keep her in the crate until she stops crying for attention,settles down ,then let her out my 7mth bed/whip/grey screamed the house down if crated during the day,ignoring him stopped it soon enough,he wanders in/out of it all day now.Dont ever put it in there after a bollocking either ,she will see it as a punishment.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the help guys. I will give it a try and see how we go. Its all a learning curve for me as well as her. I always try and learn from my mistakes, I look at my other dogs and think of things that could be better and try and iron out any problems. She is not doing bad on the whole. Her recall is coming on very well when we are out, she mixes with other dogs and people well. And she is doing short retrieves in the kitchen well too now. Thanks again.

• Like 2

I've got 2 pups at the moment well there both 8 months old now , But this is the first time I have kept them in a cage in the house and must admit it was great , most dogs dont like peeing in there bed ( but they have accidents lol ) first thing I done wether it was coming down in the morning or coming home from work was to open cage and take them straight out side, worked a treat at training, dont get me wrong yes they did have a few accidents one more than the other but thats the fun of having pups , their in kennel now and loving their own home :thumbs:

• Like 1