Having watched pfshooter on YouTube hitting targets just using a tbg band set I thought I would have a go. Having hit my thumb to many time I gave up, but not to be beaten I came up with this.

post-102711-0-05300800-1483703367_thumb.jpg

Made from one of Hawks Catapult 1842 looped band sets a 1" split ring and two 3" black therapy tubes. I managed to make a bareback slingshot for less than £5. It shots as straight as a die with a zero of around 25m using 12mm steel or 10mm lead. If you make one of these you do so that your own risk and it is better starting off with a light band set single 2052 or similar using light ammo until you get the hand of it and make sure you twist the pouch 1/4 turn before firing. I have never used a framed slingshot since very easy to carry and fun to shoot.?

As long as you shoot it correctly and not try to force things it's accurate and safe. The black thera tube helps along with the 1/4 turn on the pouch to clear your hand. Correct draw length and ammo weight is very important. I also have a hunting setup which is 2052 loop band set with thera silver tubes. This setup I only shoot 14mm+ steel and 1/2oz leads???

The odd one just grazer to the thumb. Mainly when I was experimenting with different band setup's.Tend to get more problems with singles rather than loops. Like I said above band length and ammo weight is important as is shooting style no (gangster). Start light weight both bands and ammo and work your way up. Looped 2052 is as far as I will go.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow... This looks an exciting way to shoot. I fancy having a go at that.. Any chance you could stick a pic of how you hold it in your hand ... so that i don't lose any bloody fingers !!.... Must be mad..

• Like 1