Boerboel

There are some excellently conformed mastiff types used for pig hunting over here. I have seen many with sound temperament and great athleticism, endurance, etc. You won't find a pure-bred or at least very rarely but if you want a big, strong, smart, physically and mentally sound dog there are plenty over here, often very cheap or even free. I have seen them boerbels and I have not been impressed in my limited experience. Each person I have talked to with knowledge or experience with boerbels has assured me that they most certainly were racist.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

??????? really..........I want two then

To shame in what aspect.How quick does a guard dog need to be.A man isn't going to outrun the slowest of mastiffs.

I was told they racists ?

bosun the dog you see at welsh ,the owner is a pedlar and flooded every possible market ,any breed abd,boerbal,and anything else he can sell fact

He's breeding Merle old English bulldogs and Frenchies now

What's this fellas name ???

bosun the dog you see at welsh ,the owner is a pedlar and flooded every possible market ,any breed abd,boerbal,and anything else he can sell fact

He's breeding Merle old English bulldogs and Frenchies now
What's this fellas name ???
Mark

some very interesting comments here, thanks folks.

i have been around a few mastiffs, mates of mine have kept bodeaux, neapolitans and a cane corso over the years, and the only dog of this type which i have ever seen which had any kind of decent conformation or gait was a dane x american bulldog owned by my younger brother, fecking enormous great thing but stunning to look at and good temperament

Now that must of been a real fluke as the quality of American bulldogs in the UK in the last 15yrs has gone from bad to worse and when was the last time anyone saw a great dance with decent conformation.
  • Like 1

i have been around a few mastiffs, mates of mine have kept bodeaux, neapolitans and a cane corso over the years, and the only dog of this type which i have ever seen which had any kind of decent conformation or gait was a dane x american bulldog owned by my younger brother, fecking enormous great thing but stunning to look at and good temperament

Now that must of been a real fluke as the quality of American bulldogs in the UK in the last 15yrs has gone from bad to worse and when was the last time anyone saw a great dance with decent conformation.
I'd say 10 years .

money grabbing c**t f****d most dogs

But he did have ABs that could catch fallow lol f***ing knob
A pal had some AB Lurchers and they were very capable on the bigger stuff.
But straight ABs.And he actually said it with a straight face.

money grabbing c**t f****d most dogs

But he did have ABs that could catch fallow lol f***ing knob
A pal had some AB Lurchers and they were very capable on the bigger stuff.
But straight ABs.And he actually said it with a straight face.

I've seen my brothers AB and it's mother chase a pair of Roe Deer, let's just say they didn't get close even though they were quick for such heavy dogs.

Remember about 15 years ago at the Welsh, two lads stood ringside at the back of a truck. Next thing that truck started rockin with sommat inside that was goin off like no dog i've heard. The lads were tryin to calm it down lifting the canvas flap over the cage, i had to see what the feck it was. Got talkin to the lads and asked em what it was, they said to lift the flap and stick me head under. I did, coming face to face with a huge Boerboel and we met eye to eye for a split second before it flipped its lid. I shit my kecks and ducked back out as they went under to calm it down. A scary but stunning thing. Them lads were from the south coast if i remember right.

Thing is, i always feel those dogs should forever remain in Africa, free roaming and guarding huge farmsteads, not stuck in kennels and back gardens on this tiny isle.

I was there and witnessed that dog the truck was moving about like there was a Lion in the back of it and the noise was mental I've never forgotten it and apparently it was only a youngster.

• Like 2

oh you are right for sure, this was just a fluke from some backyard breeder nothing special must have been about 17-18 years ago. but he was a superb animal, jet black and looked like an oversized corso.

i remember seeing some ealry litters of ABDs maybe 20 years ago, and most of the breeding stock looked pretty reasonable (i drove up to manchester to see a neo with my mate and the bloke had some excellent ABDs as well as decent neos) and i remember even then saying that ABDs would be the next big status dog (it was APBTs at the time) and that soon the backyard breeders would start to cash in...i do believe that there have been some attacks by ABDs in the last few years.... :huh:

Remember about 15 years ago at the Welsh, two lads stood ringside at the back of a truck. Next thing that truck started rockin with sommat inside that was goin off like no dog i've heard. The lads were tryin to calm it down lifting the canvas flap over the cage, i had to see what the feck it was. Got talkin to the lads and asked em what it was, they said to lift the flap and stick me head under. I did, coming face to face with a huge Boerboel and we met eye to eye for a split second before it flipped its lid. I shit my kecks and ducked back out as they went under to calm it down. A scary but stunning thing. Them lads were from the south coast if i remember right.

Thing is, i always feel those dogs should forever remain in Africa, free roaming and guarding huge farmsteads, not stuck in kennels and back gardens on this tiny isle.

I was there and witnessed that dog the truck was moving about like there was a Lion in the back of it and the noise was mental I've never forgotten it and apparently it was only a youngster.

Cheers Flattop for confirming that. ;)