Looking For Advise On Buying Gill Net

im looking at buying a gill net with 190g floats spaced every 2ft with a number 4 leadline and a 4 3/4 inch multi mono mesh. i usually use a net with a number 3 leadline and 70g floats spaced every 8ft, but in anything higher than a neap tide in my area which ranges from about 3ft to 5 and half foot of water the net doesn't float. last year an old boy was using a net with a heavy leadline and floats spaced every 2 ft and he was well outfishing me and his net stayed floating on the higher tides, but i read that its not a good idea to have a net thats too buoyant so im not sure what to do.

It depends how deep the net is and how it is rigged, too much buoyancy without having enough slack in the net will pull the meshes tight.

TC

the net i was looking getting would be 9.5 foot deep and rigged by half, i will not be using the net in anymore than 8 foot of water sometimes higher maybe 9 to 12ft of water on the big spring tides.

A good surface rig is a 70grm float every 3 to 4 foot apart with a #2 lead line. If its a heavy line and you still want it fishing on the surface then a higher buoyancy float set about 3 to 4 ft apart should do the trick .

so having 190g floats spaced every 2ft is too much buoyancy?