Which Fac Gun

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be putting in for shotgun , 17hmr , 22lr , fac air , ground to air missile , rocket launcher , ak47 and a tank for my hunting trips . Some say i should go for more but I think that will do me

An example of Rimfire magic offerings.           About £850 as good as a semi auto rimfire gets,carbon fibre barrel,re worked action,superb.

Hmm, good question   I don't have an FAC so, I've only tried a couple of higher powered air rifles.   A .25 Matador running at around 50 ftlb was an awesome beast but, noisy.   I think I'd be t

Posted Images

Just nipping back to FAC air for a moment, I was in Pickering Guns today where the owner, Rob, is a keen FX user. I spoke to him about the Royal and although he doesn't stock them, he said the feedback he has had regarding them was very good.

Now I doubt for one minute this would float your boat Mitch but I was looking at an FX Impact FAC that he had just taken delivery on today. I don't really like the look of them but the adjustment available to the owner makes this a very versatile piece of kit but sadly my pension will not run to one without selling a few more guns.

The thought of switching calibre and power (30__12ft/lb) must make this gun the most flexible gun on the market today but at £1600 not something I could just buy to see if I like it.

Phil

Yep Phil ,had a look at these and the FX seems to be a better FAC gun than sub12 version , but for the price you pay you could buy a few .22lr for that price

To repeat a conversation of some 3 yrs ago, the gun smith said that he considered the Air Arms S 410 in F.A.C. and .22 cal one of the sweetest, most accurate fac air there is.

Don`t quote me on it but I think he mentioned 30 ft/lbs for this rifle.

Field Craft and accuracy trumps "power" with air weapons :whistling:

" Only saying like"

atb Mark

To repeat a conversation of some 3 yrs ago, the gun smith said that he considered the Air Arms S 410 in F.A.C. and .22 cal one of the sweetest, most accurate fac air there is.

" Only saying like"

atb Mark

Not with FAC !!

• Like 1

" Only saying like"

atb Mark

Not with FAC !!

there are fields full of rabbits that i cant get at, I've crawled through cow sh!t to get within range and spooked them at the last minute!!

if id had an fac air a know id be able to get them, you cant stalk in open ground!

• Like 3

" Only saying like"

atb Mark

Not with FAC !!

there are fields full of rabbits that i cant get at, I've crawled through cow sh!t to get within range and spooked them at the last minute!!

if id had an fac air a know id be able to get them, you cant stalk in open ground!

" Only saying like"

atb Mark

Not with FAC !!

Been there and then waited and waited and waited for hours ,with them popping out again at 80 yards away

All this turning up and down of power like it's a radio dial. Can someone please let me know how you get along with consistently?

And could someone also explain why a gun would perform better at FAC than sub 12?

All this turning up and down of power like it's a radio dial. Can someone please let me know how you get along with consistently?

And could someone also explain why a gun would perform better at FAC than sub 12?

I thaught same too set it up and leave it I think. If you want less power use a different gun.

I thaught same too set it up and leave it I think. If you want less power use a different gun.

I think some people are being "sold" by salesmen and magazines :yes:

"For me" accuracy trumps power ! powder or air.

atb. Mark

you right with accuracy mark but you still need to be accurate with fac air.. and 100 yard shots are more than doable!

atb si

Edited by si brown

Ah, that`s different Mitch, you need extra range on open ground ? FAC air wont give you that much more range in reality.

Charlie, or Moxy/ others are the lads to help out now with the powder burners.

atb Mark

1.5 milldots at 80 yards with 20 ft/lbs left at that range