Which Fac Gun

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be putting in for shotgun , 17hmr , 22lr , fac air , ground to air missile , rocket launcher , ak47 and a tank for my hunting trips . Some say i should go for more but I think that will do me

An example of Rimfire magic offerings.           About £850 as good as a semi auto rimfire gets,carbon fibre barrel,re worked action,superb.

Hmm, good question   I don't have an FAC so, I've only tried a couple of higher powered air rifles.   A .25 Matador running at around 50 ftlb was an awesome beast but, noisy.   I think I'd be t

Posted Images

Hmm, let me think :hmm:

......... 6 pints :whistling::laugh:

JJ :icon_eek: , you`d sh%g Walshies avatar after 6 pints ? :rofl:

he'll be fine when he comes up north then, we've got some right hippopotocrocks up here :laugh::laugh:

DONT TALK ABOUT NICOLA AND AMY LIKE THAT YOU LITTLE TWAT :boxing::whistling:

IM GOING TO TELL ON YOU :yes::tongue2:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

My shooting paenter who has sadly passed away used a remington 597 .22 lr and I had my excalibre. It was a few years ago now but my airgun pissed all over the accuracy of the remington 597 at 50 yards. I don't use .22 lr but I did better groups than it and could shoot rabbits deemed maybe unsafe with the .22 lr. I'm not a rimfire shooter but his remington 597 didn't group like the fac air gun but also opened up more shooting opertunityz.

Thats because it was a Remington 597 lol, along side the standard Ruger 10/22 these rifles are cheaply made American rifles that are meant for kids to shoot tin cans in the back garden, and a bit of pest control, no wonder a quality pcp air rifle would out shoot it at 50 yards,now the Ruger for instance has a whole industry built around it, in terms of tuning and tweaking, there is a company in Barnsley called rimfire magic who do some amazing things with 10/22s totally transforming them from backyard fun gun to super accurate carbon fibre barrelled semi auto works of art, expensive? Well for around the price of a top end pcp you will get something semi auto with a superb trigger, that will group into a 5 pence piece at 80 yards plus, I have seen one in action and it was superb.

I bet! The 597 was fun but I wouldent like to even compare it with a quality .22 rimfire (I wouldent have the experience to comment about a quality .22 rimfire either!) but I loved the fac airgun much more than the 597. Maybe one day I'll look into a rimfire to gain some experience - it does look interesting.

• Like 1

Sako make some superb rifles mate, the Finnfire was no exception, to be fair, most manufacturers produce a decent rimfire, CZ, Anchutz, to name a couple, the bolt actions are pretty much as good as each other in terms of accuracy, a bit like pcp air rifles, paying more tends to get you a better trigger,wood, smoother action etc, but its in the world of semi auto's that the custom people like RF magic come into their own, I shot one of their tricked up Ruger 1022s and the trigger was superb the action like silk, and it was very very accurate, go on Tom treat yourself pal.

• Like 1

A redtail would be a good place to start Tom,you will learn a lot more flying a red than a Harris, and when you get it wrong a red will let you know in no uncertain terms usually resulting in pain, the grip on a redtail has to be felt to be believed, some Goshawks can be a bit temperamental, but its all in the manning really, you get out what you put in,but to get the best out of a Harris a sensitive approach is required also, they have a very strong aversion to feeling robbed,it seems to offend their sense of fairness.

• Like 1

Cheers charlie caller! I'll do plenty of research before I go down that road in a few years time. Until then I'll have to just enjoy watching wild birds of prey and the watching them at the shows and bop centre. Wish you the best of luck with your goshawk! Sounds fantastic!

• Like 1