I'm looking for a replacement vehicle after ditching the vitara I really like the styling of the outlander warriors but a little doubtful about grunt a 2L diesel will give on such a fairly big lump and that's got me leaning towards a forester 2.5 Xt. I don't do many miles I'm not obsessed with economy I've owned a Subaru legacy turbo in the past and it was a great car probably the safest feeling car I've had.... what's your opinions on these 2? Or any other suggestions?

• Like 1

Mitsubishi 2.8 TDI Challenger (shogun sport)seems to be a good workhorse roomy comfy and goes anywhere yo point it cheap to buy have had it 9 months 100% reliable 22 to 25mpg on the downside. IMO the Jap's build the best 4x4s.

Good luck with your search

• Like 1

Not go wrong with the forester plenty of power, very good off road and on. If you use it alot of road I would go for the 2.0x with the lo box, much better off road and still powerful enough

mostly country roads/lanes the rest is tracks and byways nothing to demanding.

I have an audi allroad pal been off road a few times in it hasn't got stuck and it shifts for a diesel mpg bang on as well :)

Nice motor :thumbs: but hard pushed to find one with sensible mileage for what I want to pay

Hey mate forgot to say no cam belt chain driven.

Cheers for the info chaff the lad next door has one he rates his my only gripe is there size .probably a bit to much for my needs but there definitely a possibility :thumbs:

I've been looking at a 07 Subaru Forester XTEn the car has 95k on it but is absolutely mint immaculate it has a full Subaru service history I've got to check out when the cam belts have been done ...i want to know what do the Subaru fanciers on the site think about this and what problems should I be looking for on a motor of this age /type any info much appreciated

I've been looking at a 07 Subaru Forester XTEn the car has 95k on it but is absolutely mint immaculate it has a full Subaru service history I've got to check out when the cam belts have been done ...i want to know what do the Subaru fanciers on the site think about this and what problems should I be looking for on a motor of this age /type any info much appreciated

Sounds well.

Check the spark plugs arnt covered in oil (just pull one of the connectors off to see if any on it.)

Also check windows go up and down all OK.

Apart from that just give it a once over.

Also check it hasn't been dogged

The SG9 (06 onwards) is the best looking model they did imho closely followed by the SG5.

Stick a pic up if ya get it.

• Like 1

Sounds well.

Check the spark plugs arnt covered in oil (just pull one of the connectors off to see if any on it.)

Also check windows go up and down all OK.

Apart from that just give it a once over.

Also check it hasn't been dogged

The SG9 (06 onwards) is the best looking model they did imho closely followed by the SG5.

Stick a pic up if ya get it.

Thanks for the heads up bud ...I won't be able to get it till the weekend because of work but if I go for it i will get a pic up .. and i agree on the looks :thumbs:
  • Like 1

The deal is done it's not the car I mentioned above it a slightly earlier one but that has worked out in my favour really its a 55 plate so 205 quid cheeper on the road tax it has fantastic history and in the last 10k has had new Cambelt new clutch and new rear suspension all done by subaru.. Hopefully picking the beast up this weekend... Thankyou everyone for your input

sketch-1483641070657_zpsv8oirplo.png

sketch-1483641095728_zpshjgqyipm.png

sketch-1483641153047_zpsdrkka2pb.png

Edited by kanny
  • Like 7

Very nice that kanny, hopefully Al be getting one like that for the family car.

I have got an sg5 but that is my work horse and it hasn't let me down yet. The best motor I have ever had for reliability.

Would love the Sti version but would be too thirsty for me.

• Like 1