How too make a cheap quickset longnet

Paid

Scats country stores, I think there only in the soth of england though.

Light weight, strong, with a little flex, nice flat top for pushing in and a good spike.

I've yet to have many rabbits hit one, to see how well the poles hold up, but that should change this weekend ;)

i just go round the golf courses and ask for any old poles use a bench grinder to point them they are very strong but i would tape up the tops to stop fiber scelfs :drink:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to show you how I made some cheap 30 meter quick sets As some one said yesterday that they thought they might mess it up if they tried, so I just want to show how easy, and cheap it is t

very good i think i will try making one for my-self

• 3 weeks later...

I found these poles to be real crap, so i hope no one bought any :blink:

I've edited the thread to warn anyone with

(edited to add, that these poles were crap, and one rabbit snapped a pole all on its own :lol: )

and today, another 3 snapped, but that was from longnetting my dog :crazy:

So back to the drawing board on them, maybe bamboo this time, though the ones I saw

from magnum on another blokes longnet, certainly looked the dogs danggerlies.

So, god forbid, i might invest in those :lol:

Edited by Paid
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have just brought some 12 and 15 mm dowel for my traditionals which im in the process of varnishing.i can let you know in a few weeks time hopefully how they do, or you could buy some so we could get another opinion and if they turn out crap well there only 48p each.i know crow uses wooden dowel also and has used it for some time.

good hunting

rew

• 1 month later...

fantastic guide. Gonna get on with mine tomorrow. just a small one for now as I had 32 foot of nylon net so thought I might aswell use it. Bit mental on the fabric collecting, even have an 80metre roll of 5 ft wide camo waterproof fabric, gonna come in handy for making stalking clothing lol

Remember guy'sn gal's....i sew for a living i usually repair motorcycle leathers but i can and do make alsorts of things....people come to me with some strange designs of stuff they want me to make for them and as i don't charge silly price's i am often busy but if ayone does require a seamstress then do pm me :D

Remember guy'sn gal's....i sew for a living i usually repair motorcycle leathers but i can and do make alsorts of things....people come to me with some strange designs of stuff they want me to make for them and as i don't charge silly price's i am often busy but if ayone does require a seamstress then do pm me :D

Think my fingers as Arthritic as they are I can just about make my own but I think in coming months I may be interested in a couple from you.

xx

do you make longnets and purse nets?