Shotgun Licence For A Recovered Addict??

Hi all,

My current situation is that I am thinking about applying for my shotgun licence again. I have had some issues in the past that make me worry a bit.

I am an ex gamekeeper and about 4 years ago I surrendered my licence as I had developed an addiction to a variety of substances. I went to residential treatment for 6 months and have remained clean and sober since.

I now run a detox facility and help other people get their lives back on track.

I am a country lad and really miss shooting, I have no criminal convictions but am fully aware that my past issues won't be looked on favourably when applying for a licence.

I was wondering if anybody had any experience in a circumstance like this and wether it's worth putting in an application yet?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

AD ?

Edited by ad22
  • Like 1

go for it mate, I had a few drug convictions which were pretty old admittedly when I applied for mine, and I still got it as I was older and they were seen as just being an idiot when I was a teenager. hope you get it back and well done for getting back on track, its not easy :thumbs:

With anything like this it's always worth ringing the office and asking to speak directly to whoever your feo will be.

They are normally very busy but should be able to spare 5 minutes to give you a definite yes, no or maybe.

Something like this will be looked at on a case by case basis so ask the question directly then get your paperwork sent in.

For me, the fact you voluntarily surrendered your ticket and got help (and are now helping others) should show you as being responsible and aware of your actions having consequences so hopefully they will be happy to reissue it for you.