Wildcat Testing

I don't want to sound negative or come across as argumentative, however a week or two ago I read a postwhere people where saying "it's an air rifle barrels don't need pulling through/cleaning!"

For me if a rifle is a spanner straight out the box the last thing I should be doing is pulling it through? If it's something that's added for transit to protect it in transit the RFD should strip and clean before selling it? You don't buy a car or motorbike with the protective coating still on it?

Pretty much how I see it, and in honesty I rarely clean my air rifle barrels, unlike the powder burners I have never found the need, but in this instance I am willing to give it a try.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well you boys were right, to a point, I cleaned the barrel and tried again today, it has improved, better than before, but still not great, am now grouping regularly on the inch dots, with hardly any

Glad you got it sorted,it will group under a 5p with out a modification,I shot a group earlier in the year with a friends wild cat and it was probably half the size of a 5p at 35yds using JSB Exacts h

Rob Vizlauk (sean) got a new hw100 carbine in 22 we went to the perm to set it up   his groups were the same out to 30,,,35,,yrds   it was doing his head in it would hit bull one min then out an i

Posted Images

Just spoke to my mate. He cleaned his to within an inch of its life. The smooth twist barrels do need cleaning more often than the rifled ones. His loves 14gr JSB's

Give it a chance Rob as I'm sure it'll come good mate

Which jsb's will that be, am sure mine are 15.8grain

I am going to persevere tomorrow, see if I can get better results as its pissing me off.

Will get the cleaning gear out shortly.

If I can get it somewhere near I don't mind spending a bit on it to get the springer out of the pcp. Air fective seem to be able to do the business.

If it feels as good as you say it does mate then its worth putting that bit extra time and effort to get it shooting properly. I'll ask him which pellets they are Rob

• Like 2

Either take it back and get your money back or spend another load of £££££££££ on it to get it how it should be , like Simon and a few others did with the Regal

If the noise is bugging you ,that will always be there ,so IMO that is the two choices you have :thumbs:

• Like 1

Rob Vizlauk (sean) got a new hw100 carbine in 22 we went to the perm to set it up

his groups were the same out to 30,,,35,,yrds

it was doing his head in it would hit bull one min then out an inch the next then group with in that inch

he changed scopes at the farm but the results were the same

he was gutted on the way back home you could see the cogs turning in his head dropped him off and went home my self an hour later he phones me done it its spot on out to 30 yrds(his garden length)

what did you do what was it I CLEANED THE BARREL he say,d

The manufactures fill the rifles with a kind of gunk to protect them as they dont know how long they will sit in the rfd,s before they are sold AND THAT IS WHY THE RFD,S WILL NOT CLEAN THEM OUT ETHER

its there to protect the barrel

give her a clean and retest the pellets Honest you may be in for a surprise

As for the wild cat i had one shot of Si,s and gave it back to him i dont like them but what i like and dont like is my opinion

and will be totally different for some one else Rob

hope you get her sorted mate its not nice when you spent a bag of sand and its not right

you should of got one of the first bull pups that came out years ago tried and tested and up there with the best

and a fraction of the price of one of the new ones

ITS CALLED AN

ULTRA :laugh::thumbs:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

Rob Vizlauk (sean) got a new hw100 carbine in 22 we went to the perm to set it up

it was doing his head in it would hit bull one min then out an inch the next then group with in that inch

he was gutted on the way back home you could see the cogs turning in his head dropped him off and went home my self an hour later he phones me done it its spot on out to 30 yrds(his garden length)

The manufactures fill the rifles with a kind of gunk to protect them as they dont know how long they will sit in the rfd,s before they are sold AND THAT IS WHY THE RFD,S WILL NOT CLEAN THEM OUT ETHER

As for the wild cat i had one shot of Si,s and gave it back to him i dont like them but what i like and dont like is my opinion

hope you get her sorted mate its not nice when you spent a bag of sand and its not right

you should of got one of the first bull pups that came out years ago tried and tested and up there with the best

ITS CALLED AN

When did he get a new HW100KT Jimmy ??????

ITS CALLED AN

When did he get a new HW100KT Jimmy

iT WAS A ONE HE GOT A FEW MTHS AGO SHAUN

he just has his wolf now mate

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

mine was all over the spot when i got it, i unscrewed the shroud and did a couple of pull throughs and its fine and its still spot on after nearly a 1000 pellets!

and the hammer bouncing is when its not cocked, once cocked it docent do it... thats how it gets so many shots, tell you the truth i don't notice it.. i had to physically shake it to make it happen!!

the only thing I'm not happy about is the safety.... its shit and can get knocked off far to easily, which is worrying cos i got this for my lad to use as well!!

only noticed this thread now cos i was out till late with the cat ratting last night, worked perfectly all night at -2 there was ice on the barrel, the n/v struggled cos it was a bit hazy!!

stick with the jsb's cos the pellet probe is designed for there skirts, others may get damaged loading and that equals flyers

hope u have a better day with it :thumbs:

atb si

• Like 2

ITS CALLED AN

When did he get a new HW100KT Jimmy

iT WAS A ONE HE GOT A FEW MTHS AGO SHAUN

he just has his wolf now mate

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Oh I thought he'd just gone out and got a new one! I wasn't jealous one bit lol

ive fired a few bullpups belonging to mates vermy edgun wildcat matador and they are all noisy around hammer action -they just aren't my cuppa -what I will say in their favour is the balance on all above rifles is spot on

• Like 1

They'll always have action noise as its sat right next to your lug hole lol

think theres only the 100's and airwolf I've ever had that didn't twang from the action, the hw110 and s510 are shocking but the 510's going nowhere :thumbs:

neither is the wildcat, i think it looks ugly but its small for the kids and i only use it in the dark :laugh:

• Like 2

Either take it back and get your money back or spend another load of £££££££££ on it to get it how it should be , like Simon and a few others did with the Regal

If the noise is bugging you ,that will always be there ,so IMO that is the two choices you have :thumbs:

Yep, exactly as I see it, I don't really want to take it back, would much rather try and sort it, first thing is first, get it grouping, if it can group then I don't mind pushing on with it, going to give it a test shortly after a good clean so will know more then.

ITS CALLED AN

Cheers Jimmy, you and bry both say clean the barrel, so I am going to try it and fingers crossed it improves, I have had a chat with someone I know and trust and he assures me he can sort the action noise out no problem.

This time next week I hope to be fell in love with my pussy cat.

Ps, I already have an ultra, but not the first one, couldn't stand that stupid mmc business so got the se.

mine was all over the spot when i got it, i unscrewed the shroud and did a couple of pull throughs and its fine and its still spot on after nearly a 1000 pellets!

and the hammer bouncing is when its not cocked, once cocked it docent do it... thats how it gets so many shots, tell you the truth i don't notice it.. i had to physically shake it to make it happen!!

the only thing I'm not happy about is the safety.... its shit and can get knocked off far to easily, which is worrying cos i got this for my lad to use as well!!

only noticed this thread now cos i was out till late with the cat ratting last night, worked perfectly all night at -2 there was ice on the barrel, the n/v struggled cos it was a bit hazy!!

stick with the jsb's cos the pellet probe is designed for there skirts, others may get damaged loading and that equals flyers

hope u have a better day with it :thumbs:

atb si

Thanks si,

Pleased to hear you had similar issues and got them sorted, looking forward to trying the theory soon.

I don't even mind the spring rattle when you tip it up and down or shake it, I can live with that, it's the fraction of a second when you take the shot, it's real loud and awful.

I like jsb pellets, I also like daystsate sovereigns, they both usually do well, but not in the cat so far !

think I've been out 8 times with this setup and never re zeroed or cleaned since the initial set up!!

8 shots at 20m with the photon in daylight laid prone!

attachicon.gifIMG_1065.JPG

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender_1.jpg

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender.jpg

give it a good clean and put a few of these through :thumbs:

atb si

ive fired a few bullpups belonging to mates vermy edgun wildcat matador and they are all noisy around hammer action -they just aren't my cuppa -what I will say in their favour is the balance on all above rifles is spot on

Yep, the balance feels great, I can't knock it for that.

They'll always have action noise as its sat right next to your lug hole lol

I would expect some noise for that very reason bry, but this is real loud, people standing 5 yards away can hear it plain as day, I ain't exaggerating, my mates jaw dropped when I shot it near him, says his tx200 is quieter !