Wildcat Testing

that spring clatter is annoying but the daystates work on a similar principle and theres no clatter at all so it can probably be sorted easily!!

I've not bothered to open it up yet but i bet it won't take much doing!

the group i did today is tighter than when first cleaned and its had a fair amount through it so it may need a mega re leading to get the results you want to see,

look online at the yank benchrest comp, the majority of the top were smooth-twist barrels :thumbs:

stick with it rabid, it'll come good and it certainly won't need sending off for ££££ of work

atb si

• Like 2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well you boys were right, to a point, I cleaned the barrel and tried again today, it has improved, better than before, but still not great, am now grouping regularly on the inch dots, with hardly any

Glad you got it sorted,it will group under a 5p with out a modification,I shot a group earlier in the year with a friends wild cat and it was probably half the size of a 5p at 35yds using JSB Exacts h

Rob Vizlauk (sean) got a new hw100 carbine in 22 we went to the perm to set it up   his groups were the same out to 30,,,35,,yrds   it was doing his head in it would hit bull one min then out an i

Posted Images

Well you boys were right, to a point, I cleaned the barrel and tried again today, it has improved, better than before, but still not great, am now grouping regularly on the inch dots, with hardly any flyers, ran out of jsb's though so was left with FAP! Will get some jsb and get some lead down the barrel tomorrow and see how it fares, I feel a little happier.

Spoke to a guy who works on these, and he has laid a challenge, he reckons he can almost silence the twang, and get it grouping 5p groups every time at 40 yards once it's settled down, I hope he is right cos it will be a keeper if it does that.

• Like 4

Well you boys were right, to a point, I cleaned the barrel and tried again today, it has improved, better than before, but still not great, am now grouping regularly on the inch dots, with hardly any flyers, ran out of jsb's though so was left with FAP! Will get some jsb and get some lead down the barrel tomorrow and see how it fares, I feel a little happier.

Spoke to a guy who works on these, and he has laid a challenge, he reckons he can almost silence the twang, and get it grouping 5p groups every time at 40 yards once it's settled down, I hope he is right cos it will be a keeper if it does that.

Glad you got it sorted,it will group under a 5p with out a modification,I shot a group earlier in the year with a friends wild cat and it was probably half the size of a 5p at 35yds using JSB Exacts heavys,10.34gr.

So the accuracy is definately there straight out of the box,if you clean the barrel first and fine the correct pellet for it.

I can't show the pic of me phone,as its bigger than 500KB what the page Will allow.

Nice rifles to shoot to.

• Like 3

As a matter of my own interest Rob, I am sending off to Voymir for a tin of .177 and .22 JSB Test pellets to satisfy my own curiosity.

http://voymir.com/jsb-22/366-jsb-diabolo-jumbo-exact-test-airgun-pellets-cal-22-7-x-30pcs-5906554324010.html

It may well be worth you doing the same if you need an assortment of JSB.

With regards to cleaning the barrel, I have just rigged up a plastic tube to pop into the muzzle up to the in built air stripper type of arrangement in order to feed the pull through without getting stuck although ASI have said it is easy to remove the barrel and use a pull through or cleaning rod/nylon brush but not too keen on that idea so we will see if my little tube arrangement works, Christmas has delayed things somewhat.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

As a matter of my own interest Rob, I am sending off to Voymir for a tin of .177 and .22 JSB Test pellets to satisfy my own curiosity.

http://voymir.com/jsb-22/366-jsb-diabolo-jumbo-exact-test-airgun-pellets-cal-22-7-x-30pcs-5906554324010.html

With regards to cleaning the barrel, I have just rigged up a plastic tube to pop into the muzzle up to the in built air stripper type of arrangement in order to feed the pull through without getting stuck although ASI have said it is easy to remove the barrel and use a pull through or cleaning rod/nylon brush but not too keen on that idea so we will see if my little tube arrangement works, Christmas has delayed things somewhat.

Phil

the shroud twists off ok phil

i tried the tube thing and it was a nightmare

Hmmm, I was told the shroud was bonded on and is not designed to come off without applying some heat to release the glue. Did you do any of that Si.

Phil

na just a firm twist, no problem!!

have a go, don't give it rock all cos the barrel is lined up for the air flow!

but there was no locking glue at all on the threads

• Like 1

if the straw won't work, my attempt shredded and left sh1t stuck in the stripper so thats why i removed the shroud which is just a tube really with no baffles in at all...

give it a blast with a hair dryer!

seriously thinking about going rat bashing, board stiff stayed in all day:(

• Like 1

I removed the shroud, it literally just unscrewed, you just don't want to be too heavy handed screwing it back on in case the barrel turns and puts the port out of line.

I will have a look at those pellets, thanks for the heads up

Edited, now I have just read the other replies, yes, the tube is supposedly glued on, a little heat should break the seal, but mine just unscrewed quite easy with no sign of glue.

Good to hear you're on the right track Rob. Getting it leaded up with the pellets it likes should see the groups tighten right up mate.

I hope so mate, I hate pissing around getting them sorted, I like them to go straight out the box !

if the straw won't work, my attempt shredded and left sh1t stuck in the stripper so thats why i removed the shroud which is just a tube really with no baffles in at all...

Get out after them long tails, I keep nipping out to my poultry pens and having a look around, keep popping one or two off, before you know it you shot 50 rats

• Like 1

Get out after them long tails, I keep nipping out to my poultry pens and having a look around, keep popping one or two off, before you know it you shot 50 rats

just had an hour or so on them... it's -1 up here and when i was nearly at the perm the bloody mist dropped :(

got a call last week from an old place I've not been too for a while but i managed 3 from where they said they were :thumbs:

better than watching harry bloody potter!! lol

are you gonna get your mate to sort the spring twang out?!

mines died down from use but its still there

atb si