Wildcat Testing

Well, as promised I set about trying the new gun today, what can I say, disappointed doesn't seem to be strong enough.

I fitted the air max scope to it, and I can't put my finger on it just yet, but it doesn't seem to be a great combination.

Pellets I tried were Superdomes, jsb exact Diablo rs, daystsate sovereigns, falcon accuracy plus and defiant ogives.

I couldn't get what I call a decent group from any of them, at a push I would say the jsb just had the edge, but at 37 yards it was still well over a half inch group, nearer to an inch I would say, not measured, just stood and looked at them in disbelief !

I will say it seemed to be slowly, very slowly tightening the group a fraction the more lead I put down the tube, but from out the box I am not impressed, my old bsa r10 pissed all over it and that was using a Nv scope that I could hardly see the bull !

Another thing I absolutely detest, the hammer Spring noise, I never heard a pcp like it, sounds like hammer bounce, apparently the hammer Spring on these fx guns is not under tension, you can hear the hammer sliding about when you tip the gun up and down.

For a grands worth of gun I have never been so disappointed in my life, I thought these were supposed to be great guns and excellent performance, at least that's what the reviews said !

Tomorrow brings more testing, more lead down the spout, and see what it brings, any suggestions what pellets to try, if no improvement by close of play tomorrow it's going back.

An unhappy Rob.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well you boys were right, to a point, I cleaned the barrel and tried again today, it has improved, better than before, but still not great, am now grouping regularly on the inch dots, with hardly any

Glad you got it sorted,it will group under a 5p with out a modification,I shot a group earlier in the year with a friends wild cat and it was probably half the size of a 5p at 35yds using JSB Exacts h

Rob Vizlauk (sean) got a new hw100 carbine in 22 we went to the perm to set it up   his groups were the same out to 30,,,35,,yrds   it was doing his head in it would hit bull one min then out an i

Posted Images

By all accounts they all 'should' do it, annoys the hell out of me though, apparently a firm in Mk called air fective can tune it and must change the hammer system as it reduces if not eliminates the noise.

Who the hell wants a multi shot hunting tool that sounds like zebedee, if I wanted a springer I would buy one !

• Like 1

By all accounts they all 'should' do it, annoys the hell out of me though, apparently a firm in Mk called air fective can tune it and must change the hammer system as it reduces if not eliminates the noise.

Who the hell wants a multi shot hunting tool that sounds like zebedee, if I wanted a springer I would buy one !

You're really not happy are you mate.

Give it a good clean and try some exacts up the spout. How do you like the balance

• Like 1

From what I've seen on YouTube Rabid there isn't a ropey air rifle out there. Everything is far better than anyone can shoot, balance is beyond belief and everything is just so great!

The more I've watched the more I'm left thinking complete BOLLOX??????????

• Like 1

You're really not happy are you mate.

Give it a good clean and try some exacts up the spout. How do you like the balance

No i ain't impressed bry, it's a grands worth of gun and quite frankly what I found today I wouldn't have paid £300 for it, I have some rough Arse guns that make it look silly mate.

Balance wise, I find it feels perfect, although today's shooting was all done from a rest, it sits in the shoulder perfect, it just feels right.

I will try cleaning the barrel and see what difference if any that makes.

From what I've seen on YouTube Rabid there isn't a ropey air rifle out there. Everything is far better than anyone can shoot, balance is beyond belief and everything is just so great!

The more I've watched the more I'm left thinking complete BOLLOX

Yeah it's bollox, especially the reviews in mags, I was going on the reports from ordinary folk who own them.

I don't want to sound negative or come across as argumentative, however a week or two ago I read a postwhere people where saying "it's an air rifle barrels don't need pulling through/cleaning!"

For me if a rifle is a spanner straight out the box ? the last thing I should be doing is pulling it through? If it's something that's added for transit to protect it in transit the RFD should strip and clean before selling it? You don't buy a car or motorbike with the protective coating still on it?

• Like 1

Just spoke to my mate. He cleaned his to within an inch of its life. The smooth twist barrels do need cleaning more often than the rifled ones. His loves 14gr JSB's

Give it a chance Rob as I'm sure it'll come good mate

Which jsb's will that be, am sure mine are 15.8grain

I am going to persevere tomorrow, see if I can get better results as its pissing me off.

Will get the cleaning gear out shortly.

If I can get it somewhere near I don't mind spending a bit on it to get the springer out of the pcp. Air fective seem to be able to do the business.

I don't want to sound negative or come across as argumentative, however a week or two ago I read a postwhere people where saying "it's an air rifle barrels don't need pulling through/cleaning!"

For me if a rifle is a spanner straight out the box ? the last thing I should be doing is pulling it through? If it's something that's added for transit to protect it in transit the RFD should strip and clean before selling it? You don't buy a car or motorbike with the protective coating still on it?

Totally agree mate but that means the RFD doing extra. Why would they when they get the same price for just putting it on the shelf and selling it on.

All left for the punter to sort it out. Which is disappointing if you've just paid best part of £1k

• Like 2