One of my Beddy x whpts would eat 24hrs a day if she could been getting worse all year. It all started when i went on hols & my father in law fed her bout 6 weeks worth of food in 2weeks?? All four dogs fat as fcuk when i came back. Other 3 no probs but one of them all ways begging looking for food finishes off any other dogs leave. Wormed regular!! Put her on strict diet for 8/9weeks made her worse?? Her stamina still very good tho not quite as fast as she was but at 8 1/2 yrs to be expected. Any ideas

• Like 1

Two meals a day, add a bulker tripe pasta veg ect, also feed bone so its getting the satisfaction out of the meal insead of two mouthfuls and its gone,maybe meaty bones to chew for a while,

Could try a meaty broth in a pan, meat veg glug of oil or fatty of cut, that way it will get a belly full of meat and veg but also have to drink a good bit of broth so also having the full feel?

What you feed as a main staple at the min? Does she get bully off food? Cause of be triggered by a free for for a few weeks and she got pushed out and felt the need to wolf food just to get her share?

Yeah they all eat once a day at nite & as soon as let out of kennel in morning she's looking for more food & if any of the others left any she's straight into there bowls??

Normal mate ,all mine do it ,its in their nature .

Would be worried if they didn't eat whenever the chance arose .

The difference is you don't allow it and regulate according to activity ,age and weather.

This last few days ive been cutting her main meal at nite back a bit so she can have a small brekkie. Shes kennelled with her sister & absolutely no bullying. I can feed all 4 together & no sqabbles. She was always a very picky eater but now will eat anything & everything!! May be an age thing ?? Thanks for all replied ?

some dogs are just greedy, others fussy. neither of these is a concern, but what worries me a bit with your dog is that this behaviour has changed suddenly especially at that age.

one thing could be if the period when she was left with your dad he changed her feeding regime, maybe fed with another dog which tried to steal her food or something

but could also be caused by illness, for example some hormonal issues can affect appetite or possibly certain cancers or diabetes (is she drinking more than usual?). i am not trying to worry you and i'm sure she is fine, but worth getting some blood tests done by vet

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Had blood tests done & all ok on that score. Ive changed her food to hound meal & meat. The hound meal bulks it out without all the protein & now feeding her twice a day 3/4 at nite & 1/4 in morning. She still looking for more but not as bad as before. Always struggled to find a complete that all dogs would eat (mixed with meat bones etc) but all dogs eating the hound meal & will eat it on its own!! Atb

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Very Sadly i had to have my Hungry dog pts this morning as it turned out she had neurological problems & went completely blind she had put on 2kgs in last few months & it was as if she had no off switch when it came to food & vets opinion that she would deteriorate very quickly. Absolutely gutted. Rip Skye