Wildfowling Beginner

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi folks..   Just wondering I've found 2 ponds ( one is very very small but I've seen 20 teal come out of it) the other is a is small but holds decent numbers of ducks around 30 ish.. now just wond

Go for it mate

That is not what I expected to hear. Young person.. You need a dog. Forgive me but it appears you have a lot more to learn. I hope we on here can help you and at this moment you certainly need to ask.

put a permanent hide up asap so the ducks can get used to it. ideally you want to feed it everyday in the afternoon and push off anything thats on it. Dont shoot at them or they wont come back. one bucket full should feed a hundred ducks as a rule of thumb. As has been said, get there half hour before dark and hope for a wet and windy night.

when positioning your hide you want to be aware of the wind direction and also you want to be looking at the lightest part of the sky.........

let us know how you get on.

Good info bell . When people say a bucket to 100 ducks how longs this for ? . Zfall ive been using game bore super steel 32 gram 5's been doing really well will them been shooting them through a Winchester sx3 and a beretta ulrika .

Good info bell . When people say a bucket to 100 ducks how longs this for ? . Zfall ive been using game bore super steel 32 gram 5's been doing really well will them been shooting them through a Winchester sx3 and a beretta ulrika .

One bucket a night HPR. I'm away up north in a couple of weeks after teal and woodcock. Will stick some pics up when I get back. Best of luck.

Spot on on our land they've just rented it out to sugar beat farmer . Messed our season up ploughing through the night . Had a really good do at the beginning . Then average to shite . Hopefully get one more good night in as they've stopped ploughing . Been finding it hard to get on the ducks this year with the weather by us .

Ha ha I know I'm next to the Humber . The only trouble is all the other idiots that go . That's why we go up Montrose Eden etc . We've had some good days on the pinks . That's one good thing about the sugar beat . Pinks will love that next year .

• Like 1

I was going to put a hide up on my splash Les but there was a lad on the shoot that thought he could just do what he wanted and didn't want him knowing I was feeding the splash . I fed this other place up for 5 week and he went and shot it before me because he see me feeding it . That pissed me off . He's been kicked off now though . So maybe next year .

• Like 1

Cheers lads

it's some sort of flood but there's a stream when flooded makes this flood/pond a good bit bigger, I put the rolled barley into the shallows, HPR I've a ton of spud peelings etc would ducks like that? Anything else I can put in?

you seem to more than you are saying and that's a splash not a pond

What are you on about Leslie?