Wildfowling Beginner

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi folks..   Just wondering I've found 2 ponds ( one is very very small but I've seen 20 teal come out of it) the other is a is small but holds decent numbers of ducks around 30 ish.. now just wond

Go for it mate

That is not what I expected to hear. Young person.. You need a dog. Forgive me but it appears you have a lot more to learn. I hope we on here can help you and at this moment you certainly need to ask.

Cock bell,

Never seen widgeon in that pond or even around that area good to see the feed is working!! Do you feed the pond over the season to keep bringing in more?

I would start feeding in august if you have the time and the water, plenty of articles on here about feeding flight ponds. Every one has the own opinion about what works best, think the key factor is consistency, if you start missing putting feed in then the duck will feck off somewhere else......I use barley and make sure you don't put it in too deep especially if you have teal visiting , a couple of inches depth is fine for them.....
  • Like 1

Cheers

Fed the pond today no ducks come of, on a another note there's supposed to be some rain coming in hopefully it would make the pond a bit bigger, I've noticed when this flood gets biggger more duck come in. 1 more shoot for me this year and good year but not much rain where I was, will update when I shoot.

Cheers lads will do

Was a poor season alright, just wondering I'm looking to get a new shotgun for mainly wildfowling, pidgeon, crows etc any birds suggestions? I was looking at the browning maximus but it's a bit expensive, unless it's worth it!

Think the Brownings good for the money . I've been looking at the benelli super black eagle . And me mates been looking at the beretta a 350 . The beretta ulrika is a trustworthy gun . For the most of this season I've been using my mates Winchester sx3 and I've been doing really well with it . And I'm seriously thinking about getting one as I do really do to much shooting and there only 650 ish . The new sx4 out soon and I know derek lee is going to sell them at 600 before the season starts .

I've always shot the beretta . But the firing pins nackered . So went to menders . So for most of this season I've been using the sx3 and I've got on really well with it . And I've spoke to a couple of lads who have had all types of semi's and they've got the sx3 now and rate it . I've put all types of shells through it and cycles well . All I would say is get the black ones not camo . Camo looks ok but when it wears off the gun looks shite .