Best Scope For A 223

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree with Charlie Caller, for the money you can't beat Nikon   I have a .223 and use a Nikon monarch and it's incredibly clear. Unless your prepared to spend Swarovski, S&B, Leica money in my

Forget Hawke mate and buy a Nikon, you will not regret it, and wonder why you never did it in the past.

I have a Hawke on my 223 not through choice but I'm on a budget, but it was zeroed 18 months ago maybe longer, and still shooting foxes out to 250 yards no problem, If I ever manage to save a few Bob

I have a Hawke on my 223 not through choice but I'm on a budget, but it was zeroed 18 months ago maybe longer, and still shooting foxes out to 250 yards no problem,

If I ever manage to save a few Bob I'll put a 8×56 Schmidt on it

• Like 1

Forget Hawke mate and buy a Nikon, you will not regret it, and wonder why you never did it in the past.

Unless you buy a monarch which was outperformed in low light and daylight (with better depth of field and an arguably more forgiving eye box) by a hawke panorama.

Genuinely the worst scope I have ever owned.

400 quid budget I'd be looking at a 2nd hand vortex viper.

• Like 1

Well I have a prostaff on my .243 my pal has a S&B on his rifle, comparing the two in low light etc, it is difficult to tell them apart, it makes me laugh comparing a hawke scope to a Nikon is like comparing a ford Mondeo with a Merc,I am not saying the Hawke scopes are bad, I have had one or two nice ones, but they are not in the same league.

• Like 1

Jay jay don't mind me asking what's the reason your selling that scope mate and what you replacing it wit

genuine reason mate......my eyes are getting worst lol and needed a scope with variable mag, so bought a lesser quality scope and went for a hawke sidewinder.

all the best,

jay.

Well I have a prostaff on my .243 my pal has a S&B on his rifle, comparing the two in low light etc, it is difficult to tell them apart, it makes me laugh comparing a hawke scope to a Nikon is like comparing a ford Mondeo with a Merc,I am not saying the Hawke scopes are bad, I have had one or two nice ones, but they are not in the same league.

Yep.

Currently have a mk4 Mondeo, wouldn't want to own or even just drive my dad's last car (a merc) on a daily basis because it's a heap of crap that breaks down all the time, costs a fortune to fix and wasn't even as comfy to sit in or well equipped for the extra £8k purchase price!

Genuinely, I dont see how you say the 2 aren't comparable. The monarch I had might have just been duff, or not suited to my eye but it is genuinely one of the worst scopes I have ever owned when you look at it on a bang for buck basis.

I would much, much rather have my old phillilino Simmons aetec back to another monarch. The Nikon wasn't bad exactly, just for the cost of it, it was worse or no better compared side by side against newer 'budget' or older half decent (but still relatively budget) glass.

Shame really as the build quality was lovely - it was just not a good performer in any aspect compared to every other scope I own, or have owned in the past.