Poachers

I was talking to someone here who said he knew a guy who would take up to 1000 birds off one of the estates, IF true that is some serious cash!

At the start of the season game dealers were paying £1.00 a brace, one of the shoots I go to they're paying 27 pence a brace (yesterday) and many shoots are getting nothing for them with the game dealers offering to pick them up for free.

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that is down to the dumbing down of society, there is know other living mammal that can't feed itself, modern man is almost totally fecked and completely dependant on the state now to keep them alive,

i don't even do that mate, I'm just taking my dogs for a walk, in the countryside, and at the moment that's still legal, it's also not illegal to occasionally get lost and walk for miles across privat

Can't afford to do it,if you get caught they transport you to Australia.

I was talking to someone here who said he knew a guy who would take up to 1000 birds off one of the estates, IF true that is some serious cash!

At the start of the season game dealers were paying £1.00 a brace, one of the shoots I go to they're paying 27 pence a brace (yesterday) and many shoots are getting nothing for them with the game dealers offering to pick them up for free.

a guy I know runs a big shoot on the Cotswolds and most of the birds get buried after the shoot if the beaters don't want them, I can remember the days I got a £1.00 a trout, nowadays I give them away, a 1000 birds would cost the estate that lost them much money but the person that took them would earn more working in McDonald's
  • Like 1

poaching estates for pheasants or anything thats one step up again, only way some lads can get some sport for there lurchers is to go were they shouldnt be,were permission is hard to get, we have all done it at some time.

a guy I know runs a big shoot on the Cotswolds and most of the birds get buried after the shoot if the beaters don't want them, I can remember the days I got a £1.00 a trout, nowadays I give them away, a 1000 birds would cost the estate that lost them much money but the person that took them would earn more working in McDonald's

Yeh true you wouldn't get much from a game dealer but that's nearly 3 grand cost to the shoot

Not poaching related it's very sad people bang on about food banks and 'poverty' where there is so much cheap food out there

Yeh true you wouldn't get much from a game dealer but that's nearly 3 grand cost to the shoot

Not poaching related it's very sad people bang on about food banks and 'poverty' where there is so much cheap food out there

that is down to the dumbing down of society, there is know other living mammal that can't feed itself, modern man is almost totally fecked and completely dependant on the state now to keep them alive, would you rather stand inline with a load of scabby dole heads with your hand out for a tin of out of date beans, or take a nice walk in the country and forage a lovely fresh free meal, I know what I would rather do, but there are still thousands more people queing up for that tin of beans than picking up there own grub, and the best bit of it they stand there texting on a £500 I phone when there kids are hungry,
  • Like 7

that is down to the dumbing down of society, there is know other living mammal that can't feed itself, modern man is almost totally fecked and completely dependant on the state now to keep them alive, would you rather stand inline with a load of scabby dole heads with your hand out for a tin of out of date beans, or take a nice walk in the country and forage a lovely fresh free meal, I know what I would rather do, but there are still thousands more people queing up for that tin of beans than picking up there own grub, and the best bit of it they stand there texting on a £500 I phone when there kids are hungry,

Exactly, pigeons and squirrels are free food all you need is an air rifle but some people would rather be helpless and wait for someone else to save them....very pathetic. Even in London during the war everyone kept chickens and rabbits for food in their gardens.

It's probably cost them 3 grand to buy and rear them etc but it would probably be about 20 grand profit if they had been shot on shoot days.
  • Like 1

google boduan shoot and see how much those birds would cost that a shoot near me

• Like 1

Exactly, pigeons and squirrels are free food all you need is an air rifle but some people would rather be helpless and wait for someone else to save them....very pathetic. Even in London during the war everyone kept chickens and rabbits for food in their gardens.

and some people wanted the kidneys left in the rabbits as it's the only way to tell that you were not eating the neibourhood cat once it was skinned and dressed, others just ate the neighbours cat blissfully unaware but still full of protein and ready to start all over again the next day,
  • Like 1

and some people wanted the kidneys left in the rabbits as it's the only way to tell that you were not eating the neibourhood cat once it was skinned and dressed, others just ate the neighbours cat blissfully unaware but still full of protein and ready to start all over again the next day,

cats are red meat rabbits are white meat.

That's not poaching. That's being a prick.
  • Like 3