Bird Flu In Lincolnshire

this will probably have an affect on the price of birds for the table over the next week for Christmas.............

Most of them will already be going through the slaughter process if not already dead, the only ones really affected will be the free range flocks, and mostly they will now be kept indoors.

Having said that, I shouldn't be at all surprised to see costs go up.

• Like 1

That's bad! Am only in Yorkshire and surround buy poultry farms I hope it don't come this far

Is a poor show that's a fact, I know it's worried a lot of folk around here, and rightly so as most of the keepers I know are unable to house the flock 24/7 and even more unlikely to be able to net pens for them, so in reality they cannot do much if anything about it.

The mockery is, how many folk keep a couple of chickens in the garden and don't even know this is happening, I was speaking to the manager at a day care centre farm last week and he had no idea of the outbreak.

• Like 4

Be a good time to have shears in disinfect

The majority of avian diseases can be attributable to wild birds,especially migratory ones,thus any seclusion zones are pointless.
No, In previous outbreaks the spread has always been east west across the globe. Transfer then was on lorries from Poland bringing the infection on crates and rubbish.

This outbreak in France came from Poland ! Mallards don't fly north in December

Mostly bio security is the biggest problem.