Winter Piking

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple that took a lure the other week. The girl in the net looks to be full of eggs hopefully! Just nice to have a bend in the rod! Matt

Hes been back down again 25lb 8oz   Asked if i got post up his vid on here     https://www.(!64.56:886/126947617455981/videos/792687230882013/   Enjoy

Live bait mate

Posted Images

never really been a big pike man but any advice on winter piking on my local cannal. dead bait or lure ?

Both work and it's just down to how you want to fish on the day but you will cover more water and as a result more pike with lures . You go a while without a bite and then you hit a few back to back and then nothing again till you find some more .

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the lure from now until March 3 casts and move on 15 yards , I've had takes in crystal clear water right at my feet they are so aggressive they can't resist on the third cast even if they not feeding.

Plus you are on the move saves the cold seizing you up

• 1 month later...

Anyone having any luck on the lures recently. I haven't been out all winter with 1 thing or another but should have the weekend free just a matter of deciding a location now. Stick up a report on your piking success's lads and lasses

ive had a few on lures, works when they ain't taking dead baits, seem to be taking up in the water column

Anyone having any luck on the lures recently. I haven't been out all winter with 1 thing or another but should have the weekend free just a matter of deciding a location now. Stick up a report on your piking success's lads and lasses

ive had a few on lures, works when they ain't taking dead baits, seem to be taking up in the water column
Nice 1 len do u use surface lures at all, I've got into them last year and must say it's exciting probably not that most productive but the hits are spectacular when they come