Saluki !

From what I can gather, saluki racing is quite a big sport now as like articgun said, hunting is banned in a lot of places.... most are now importing there dogs from Turkey, so if you wanted to look at getting an import, this is where I'd be looking

• Like 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV9ry4CNEhs

Another old pic

Posted Images

From what I can gather, saluki racing is quite a big sport now as like articgun said, hunting is banned in a lot of places.... most are now importing there dogs from Turkey, so if you wanted to look at getting an import, this is where I'd be looking

Endurance racing and track racing where the massive monies lays with the younger generations in the middle east, they are doing the same with falcons, timed for flying timed over distance heading racing pigeons thrown up, suppose it's just adapting too what they can actually do with the dogs better than them doing nothing imho

Regards buying abroad, if you have the contacts and have spent time and found right line n breeder why not? But just buying cos it's an import or looks the part is madness, look at most the imports they all end up being white or cream smooth with drop lugs but the very best import I seen was a family bred bitch red n white feathered more functional looking for than beautiful as some of them appear but hands down she was best one, not knocking the smooth cream ones but in reality a good dogs never a bad colour, they get picked cos they look the part lol

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 2

Well said articgun. I am half turkish and my granfather over their had tazis (salukis) seen them as a child over their and they could take a thing or 2, even wild boar. Agree, some of them clips, could of done with a quicker dispatch, i would of done that myself, thats just them tough. My pure saluki dog is going to a very good import soon, articgun knows of the bitch, she works and takes fox ect, as i am hoping to keep the line going, their getting scarce over here in ireland.

ps. articgun, trying to send you a pm, your inbox must be full. :thumbs:

Edited by Saluki246
  • Like 1

Pure in its homeland, running real wild gazelle not dropped. !

That was awesome! Some tough terrain and quarry, I doubt successful hunts would be a common thing on that land when gazelle was the intended quarry but that dog certainly was willing. Atvb.
  • Like 1

Well said articgun. I am half turkish and my granfather over their had tazis (salukis) seen them as a child over their and they could take a thing or 2, even wild boar. Agree, some of them clips, could of done with a quicker dispatch, i would of done that myself, thats just them tough. My pure saluki dog is going to a very good import soon, articgun knows of the bitch, she works and takes fox ect, as i am hoping to keep the line going, their getting scarce over here in ireland.

ps. articgun, trying to send you a pm, your inbox must be full. :thumbs:

Don't suppose there'll be a surplus pup to sell?

Pure in its homeland, running real wild gazelle not dropped. !

that's a hare not a gazelle

Big fecking hare.. :laugh: ...i got told it was a gazelle, but looking at it closer, you could be right. :thumbs:....i should of gone to spec savers....lol

Translated it means this : The speed of the bunny ... This rabbit and no deer !!?..

Edited by Saluki246